Senior Business Analyst, MDM
1372 Broadway 15th Floor NY, NY 10018
The Senior Business Analyst will play an important business-facing role by being a central point of contact for all master data needs within a certain data domain (i.e. such as vendor/supplier or product hierarchy). This position will ensure that all requests are prioritized, addressed and resolved in a timely manner. They will also be involved in partnering with and mentoring a Business Analyst and providing guidance on complex challenges as they arise.
Master Data Management is a new team, and this person will play a significant role in identifying ways that the team can service the business better. They will be empowered to push forward where they see opportunity. They also will have the chance to work on and contribute on critical cross-functional projects.
Daily Point of Contact for Business
- As a central point of contact for multiple business departments across the organization, the BA will be playing an important role by being in direct contact with multiple business units addressing regular requests and troubleshooting issues.
- Manage work flow and requests in a Master Data Management (MDM) tool. Execute on all (change) requests from business effectively to ensure that they are implemented according to set data governance standards and processes.
- Work and partner with Business Analyst on complex challenges as they arise.
- Play a role on enterprise-wide efforts involving Master Data across the organization.
- Ensure that existing governance documents are up to date based changes in governance requirements or business needs
- Identify and execute on ways to service the business better.
- Analysis and Judgment
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Technical Competence
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’ s degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst, preferably in Retail or in an IT field, with strong process and systems understanding
- Prior Data Governance and Administration experience or exposure preferred
- Thorough knowledge of business process documentation that includes prior experience with documenting Merchandising, IT or Finance workflows, processes and requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to move projects or requests forward
- Ability to prioritize work based on importance
- Ability to build working relationships and bring about cooperation from leadership and working teams
- Ability to work with both business (non-technical) and IT (technical) with ability to communicate/translate requirements easily and effectively between all parties
- Very strong understanding of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to create simple to complex analytical solutions
- Ability to take an abstract analytical problem and break it down into actionable tasks
- Ability to adjust with changing work environments, priorities and goals
Recruiting Dir., Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry
Tara joined the Connors Group team in 2018 as Recruiting Director, Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry Specialist. She believes clients value a recruiter who is curious, fast, efficient, honest and a brand ambassador. They want to ensure that the candidate they are getting is the right fit for their brand or business. Because Tara has been in retail in many different roles for 26 years, she offers the ability to anticipate the questions a candidate may ask, so that she can interview like a subject matter expert. As the candidate's very first interaction with the company, it is critical to represent the brand and company in the best way possible. Tara knows candidates value a recruiter who is friendly, honest, has exceptional follow-up skills and gives sound career advise. She understands the ins and outs on how to run a business from both a sales perspective and operational perspective. Knowledge of the roles she recruits for allows her to quickly assess if someone is right and ready for the role. And because she has also been the "candidate," Tara appreciates the importance of follow-up. There is nothing worse than experiencing radio silence after you've gone through the interview process. Good news or bad news, she won't leave you guessing.
Tara is most proud of her legacy of talent, possessing the ability to identify, select and retain top professionals. She has developed and coached individuals on a consistent basis, and nothing gives her greater satisfaction than watching teams succeed and move on to bigger and better things! She is also proud of the fact that she opened 17 stores with e.l.f. Cosmetics in a year and half. In her over two years with e.l.f. she helped create and structure how the stores run today, from both a service and staffing perspective, to the operational way in which they function. Really having to become a jack of all trades; she is very proud of what was accomplished there.
A career goal is to be seen as an HR expert in the recruiting field. Tara wants to leverage her experience in running stores, HR and Learning & Development to reach a broader scope of candidates. Her desire is to build trust with the hiring managers and HR so that they think of our company first before going to any other recruiting firm. In speaking to some fun facts, when not at work, she likes to spend as much time outdoors as possible; and loves to run, bike, hike and ski. A Long Island resident, Tara is a lacrosse mom and can be found on the field every weekend cheering on her 3 kids. Her husband is a Battalion Chief for the FDNY in the Bronx. Tara also loves sitting on the beach while reading a good book!