Senior Business Analyst, MDM
1372 Broadway 15th Floor NY, NY 10018
The Senior Business Analyst will play an important business-facing role by being a central point of contact for all master data needs within a certain data domain (i.e. such as vendor/supplier or product hierarchy). This position will ensure that all requests are prioritized, addressed and resolved in a timely manner. They will also be involved in partnering with and mentoring a Business Analyst and providing guidance on complex challenges as they arise.
Master Data Management is a new team, and this person will play a significant role in identifying ways that the team can service the business better. They will be empowered to push forward where they see opportunity. They also will have the chance to work on and contribute on critical cross-functional projects.
Daily Point of Contact for Business
- As a central point of contact for multiple business departments across the organization, the BA will be playing an important role by being in direct contact with multiple business units addressing regular requests and troubleshooting issues.
- Manage work flow and requests in a Master Data Management (MDM) tool. Execute on all (change) requests from business effectively to ensure that they are implemented according to set data governance standards and processes.
- Work and partner with Business Analyst on complex challenges as they arise.
- Play a role on enterprise-wide efforts involving Master Data across the organization.
- Ensure that existing governance documents are up to date based changes in governance requirements or business needs
- Identify and execute on ways to service the business better.
- Analysis and Judgment
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Technical Competence
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’ s degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst, preferably in Retail or in an IT field, with strong process and systems understanding
- Prior Data Governance and Administration experience or exposure preferred
- Thorough knowledge of business process documentation that includes prior experience with documenting Merchandising, IT or Finance workflows, processes and requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to move projects or requests forward
- Ability to prioritize work based on importance
- Ability to build working relationships and bring about cooperation from leadership and working teams
- Ability to work with both business (non-technical) and IT (technical) with ability to communicate/translate requirements easily and effectively between all parties
- Very strong understanding of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to create simple to complex analytical solutions
- Ability to take an abstract analytical problem and break it down into actionable tasks
- Ability to adjust with changing work environments, priorities and goals
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.