Senior Architect - Tableau
Union, NJ 07083
• Design and develop enterprise level system to support the analytical needs using Tableau.
• Develop plan for business continuity, including monitoring system utilization/performance for capacity planning purposes
• Act as a technical expert to provide technical support and software upgrades for applications.
• Coordinate and perform regular operating system, application maintenance including backup and recovery processes for applications and system.
• Design and develop disaster recovery plans.
• Assist in troubleshooting application, database connectivity, networking, operating system issues.
• Establish and manage relationships with Vendor.
• Develop and maintain security aspects of the system.
• Work very closely with Data Architects, DBAs, SMEs and Power Users in setting up the environment that meets the needs of users.
• Troubleshoot and optimize Tableau Dashboards/Workbooks, data extraction, etc.
• Work with cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of data & analytics projects and initiatives.
Experience & Personal Qualities:
• At least 7 years of experience with Tableau out of which at least 3 years with hands on Administration.
• Experience in setting up repositories, users and security management.
• A general working understanding of infrastructure technologies and concepts.
• Ability to quickly learn new technology and concepts to perform duties in a very past paced environment.
• Ability to setup automated processes to manage system health.
• Experience in optimizing system performance and troubleshooting.
• Proficient with system upgrades, patches, maintaining compliance, support audits, etc.
• Willingness and the ability to closely work with User community, DBAs, ETL developers, and the project team in general.
• A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
• Prior working experience in the area of Retail Industry is preferred.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and as a team with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Be detail-oriented and comfortable with a fast-paced, structured, retail environment
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.