Search Optimization Analyst-Paid Search
Hoffman Estates, IL 53045 | Direct Hire
JOB TITLE: Search Optimization Analyst
LOCATION: Hoffman Estates or Brookfield WI
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Online Search
SUMMARY: The Search Optimization Analyst is responsible for implementing paid and organic campaigns according to the team’ s search strategy. Under the direction of the Sr. Manager, Online Search, this person will research, test, and deploy campaigns; conduct competitive analyses; and perform site audits to improve revenue through search channels. Ideal candidates will have strong mathematical and analytical background and are eager to learn.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Optimize paid and organic search rankings, balancing revenue growth and profitability goals.
- Perform keyword research, create and monitor campaigns, and generate performance reports.
- Manage search engine ad tools to set up and optimize campaigns.
- Manage organic search tools to ensure proper visibility into organic campaigns.
- Conduct frequent competitive analyses.
- Perform routine site audits and work with eCommerce Managers and IT to quickly fix any issues.
- Analyze the onsite search experience and make adjustments as needed to help users find content.
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, and internet marketing industry trends and developments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent preferred.
- 2+ years experience with Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, and Google Search Console is required. Preference will be given to candidates who also have experience with Moz, SEMRush, Kenshoo, and other tools for managing paid and organic channels.
- Mathematical skills: Comfortable with statistical concepts, such as statistical significance and hypothesis testing, and calculating basic business metrics, such as ROI, ROAS, etc.
- Language skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer skills: spreadsheet software and word processing software
- Event management experience
COMPETENCIES: [recommended to select 3-5 competencies]
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone' s efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization' s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization' s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!