Sales - Hospitality & Event & Food Services
123 South Broad St Philadelphia, PA 19109
Sales – Hospitality & Event & Food Services
Looking for a Sales person with a background working in the hotel, tourism, event planning, travel or similar industries to join our Sales Team.
Here’ s an example of what our Sales people will do…
- A govt agency reaches out to us – they are looking to host a week long training for 50 people in New York in mid-July
- The agency specifies exactly what is needed to pull off the event (accommodations, technology requirements, catering, venue size, transportation to/from the airport, etc)
- Our Sales person researches hotels or event venues in the desired location using online reviews and resources
- Our Sales person contacts the hotels to determine which one(s) will best meet the needs of our client and negotiates pricing. The better the pricing, the more likely we are to win the contract.
- The Sales person may also research transportation to/from the airport, eating venues, caterers and whatever else is needed
- The Sales person presents the best options to the Sales Team for review. The Sales Team then compiles and submits an official proposal
This is a unique position that involves creativity, flexibility and attention to detail.
Our Ideal Sales & Sourcing Associate
- Researcher: Able to look at a need and find a solution to meet the need. Savvy at using internet searches to get information.
- Inquisitive: Asks the right questions to determine which service provider will be the best match for our client’ s needs.
- Great Communicator: This position involves a lot of phone calls as well as emails with potential vendors. We’ re looking for someone who communicates clearly and professionally.
- Sales Savvy: Understands that in order to close the deal, we need to negotiate the best price for the best solution.
- Analytical: Able to review large amounts of information to determine which vendor has the best solution.
- Detailed: There is a fair amount of number crunching involved in this position in reviewing quotes and also when presenting the solution. Mistakes can be costly.
- Experienced: Has a background working in a hospitality related field such as event planning, hotel, travel agency, tourism, etc. Degree in Public Relations, Communications or Hospitality is preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.