Sales Account Executive
100 West 33rd Street Suite 1012 New York, NY 10001
We are seeking an experience Sales Account Manager/Executive, with experience in the Apparel Industry (B2B-B2C) and experience working with large to mid sized Retail clients.
The Sales Account Manager/Executive will be a proven sales person who is also an innovator, driver and ready to take charge in moving the account forward in sales and relationships.
You will responsible for managing several existing Retail Clients, providing strategic and consultative selling, account oversight/leadership, up-selling and supporting the growth of the account, to achieve established sales and financial performance goals.
You will be responsible setting strategy for the short and long term sales business plans. Establish control-related standards and procedures and develop effective key customer relationships at all levels that will help drive the brand.
This role will possess in-depth knowledge of the apparel industry with a focus on kids and work well in a collaborate environment with cross-functional teams, such as merchandise planning
- Directly responsible for Account Management of assigned clients, various sizes and revenue
- Development and implementation of the sales strategy, while continuously evaluating business plans in order to maximize sales, profitability, margin and limiting inventory risk.
- Responsible to achieve sales and margin goals through partnership with Planning and analysis of business on a daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal basis.
- Pursue new business opportunities with the department store channel by creating key relationships and presenting win-win proposals.
- Pursue new business opportunities with the mass distribution & clubs channel by creating key relationships and presenting win-win proposals.
- Analyzes and reports on retail sales and wholesale bookings and the competitive landscape monthly on both our accounts and our competitors.
- Develop account specific product initiatives to drive profitable sales.
- Collaborate and partner to build strong relationships with senior management at key accounts to grow the business.
- Develop strategy to generate profitable new business opportunities and recommend solutions to overcome challenges.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends/ monitor changing landscape at retail and propose new strategies accordingly.
- Build collaborative internal relationships with Planning, Design & Merchandising, Finance, Sourcing, Distribution and Marketing (at all levels including senior management) to exchange information to effectively manage the account.
- Liaison with Merchandising, Planning and Design teams to identify, project sales and monitor core fashion and key item opportunities.
- Must maintain advanced understanding of the marketplace and the competitive landscape through periodic conversations accounts, other industry experts, retail pricing and assortment surveys, feature ad tracking and market visits.
- BA/BS College Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 7+ years of related experience in the Apparel industry
- Experience supporting accounts in excess of $100M in sales
- Hands on experience with mass market and/or mid size Retailers
- Proven track record of success
- Strategic thinking- identifies opportunities, look to create new opportunities
- Demonstrated creativity and ingenuity in developing successful strategies for business growth.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple demands with efficiency.
- Deals well with ambiguity and is self-managed. Resourceful and works well under pressure.
- Exceptional presentation skills to senior level executives and large groups
- Strong Selling and negotiation skills
- Willing to take initiative and exercise strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Open, honest and direct style. Conviction to always do the right thing
- Has a bias towards action, communicates and hits deadlines.
- Goal oriented with a focus on setting and achieving aggressive sales goals.
- Creative problem solver. Can create effective programs from scratch.
- Knows how to have fun and create fun!
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!