SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
New York, NY 10001
- Work collaboratively as a member of the development team to build best-in-class software solutions in an agile environment.
- You will produce high-quality, maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it and ship it.
- You will identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
- Develop, implement, and support interfaces that connect our websites, back-end systems, and various 3rd party cloud solutions.
- Develop synchronous and asynchronous interfaces using the following technologies: REST, SOAP web services, WCF, WebSocket, and SQL.
- Develop continuous integration build & release scripts.
- Design and query database tables, views, functions, stored procedures and batch processes.
- Support and research issues across all application layers and database.
- Learn and understand business processes with limited guidance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- You have 8-10 years of experience shipping high-scale code to production.
- You’ ve been building web applications professionally for 5+ years.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, database concepts, distributed systems, and programming languages.
- Experience building enterprise-grade applications using C#.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs, WCF, and SOAP Web Services.
- Good understanding of HTML5, CSS, TypeScript, jQuery, HTML DOM manipulation techniques.
- Proven experience developing responsive websites using Angular, Bootstrap, React, Vue.js, or similar frameworks.
- Experience developing Azure App Services, and working knowledge of Application Insights.
- Experience with Azure Containers Service, Azure Functions (Serverless), or Azure Machine Learning Services is a plus.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services or Team Foundation Services continuous integration (build, release automation)
- Experience with MS SQL Server, writing stored procedures and functions in T-SQL.
- You have a bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- You have a good knowledge of performance, scalability, availability, and security best practices for the web.
Personal Qualities & Qualifications:
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Self-starter mentality, independent thinking and strong self-management skills.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and concepts.
- Ability to work independent, demonstrate self-motivation and multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Proven problem-solving skills and keen analytical abilities.
- Have passion to deliver high-quality, pixel-perfect results.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to write clean code.
Ability to speak and write fluently and articulately in English.
WORKING WITH US
- Work from our Midtown Manhattan Mini Storage office.
- A compelling benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Domestic Partnership Benefits for Same-Sex Couples
- Health Savings Accounts
- On-Site Weight Management Programs
- Biometric Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, and sick days with end-of-year payout and accrual options)
- Tuition Reimbursement for all Employees
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Transportation & Parking Benefits
- Charitable Giving Matching Program
- Company Milestone Recognition
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Discounts & Complimentary Admission to Local Events
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.