SENIOR ANALYST, BUSINESS PROCESS - MERCHANDISE PLANNING
1001 Frontier Rd. Bridgewater, NJ 08807
The Business Process Management (BPM) organization contributes to transformation through global adoption of new and enduring business capabilities. Our mission is to lead, listen and partner to create extraordinary value for our brands through process excellence. BPM optimizes business processes to deliver consistent, core capabilities balanced with flexibility to support value add brand/regional differences.
The BPM Planning Team operates as internal consultants across the firm leading the design and implementation of planning leading practices and transformation programs.
The planning team serves as subject matter experts, guiding and supporting business units on integrated planning strategies/roadmaps, business process design, development of capabilities and systems, performance metrics, training, adoption, and continuous improvement.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Analyst, Business Process - Merchandise Planning is to support the advancement of end to end Merchandise Planning business processes and capabilities which covers merchandise financial planning (sales, margins, inventory, OTB), assortment planning & buying, and inventory allocation.
This role will contribute to process optimization, support analysis of current and future state processes through modeling using BPM techniques, and help define and optimize how relevant business information flows throughout the enterprise. This role will also support implementation of JDA or other Merchandise Planning capabilities with focus on business enablement activities including business requirements & training documentation, user acceptance testing, training & business adoption, and continuous improvement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Contribute as a Merchandise Planning Subject Matter Expert SME with strong working knowledge of merchandise and assortment planning business processes, leading practices, & tool (i.e. JDA or other) capabilities
- Conduct “ as is” discovery of current state Merchandise Planning processes to understand business requirements & improvement opportunities with delivery of new capabilities
- Document future state business processes and requirements leveraging new capabilities
- Perform current vs. future state assessments to assist business units with understanding of “ from/to” change impacts
- Support execution of change readiness action plans to ensure successful adoption
- Assist preparation and execution of user acceptance testing
- Regularly report and update on progress, timelines, and challenges
- Develop Merchandise Planning “ day in the life” business process training playbooks, how-to guides, and procedure documentation
- Deliver Merchandise Planning “ day in the life” training and conduct pre and post go-live evaluations to identify risks and drive training/adoption corrective actions
- Monitor Merchandise Planning process performance & tool adoption with objective of diagnosing issues & identifying improvement actions
- Support cross business unit forums to exchange of Merchandise Planning best practices, transfer knowledge, share adoption successes and learnings, and drive continuous improvement opportunities
- Assist with management and documentations of enhancement requests across business units related to Merchandise Planning continuous improvements
- Stay apprised of latest process and technology capabilities that can be applied to the Merchandise Planning processes
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years Retail and/or Wholesale Merchandise Planning operational and/or consulting experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in business process management or improvement
- Apparel or consumer products company experience preferred, especially a fast-moving, multi-channel consumer goods business
- 2+ year’ s experience with a leading retail assortment management (RAMA) applications including Enterprise Planning, Assortment Planning, & Allocations. JDA strongly desired but not required.
- Prefer experience with people management and/or project management
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Mathematics, or Fashion & Textile Merchandising.
- Strong knowledge of Merchandise Planning domain
- Practical experience designing and documenting business processes and sub-processes
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills, and financial/business acumen with proficiency in & ability to train retail math
- Proven ability to educate and train others in new ways of doing business
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!