SAP Solutions Architect (Sr. Director)
1001 Frontier Rd. Bridgewater, NJ 08807
The SAP Solutions Architect must see the “ big picture” across all of the SAP Suite of Applications and be responsible for working in a lead position, providing direction and having overall responsibility for designing solutions, technology frameworks, etc. to support the business objectives of the organization.
Must have SAP S4Hana Global implementation experience
The SAP Applications Solutions Architect is seen as the “ go-to” Subject Matter Expert (SME) across multiple SAP platforms, solves complex technical challenges and provides guidance and oversight to implementation projects across the entire enterprise. In addition, the SAP Solutions Architect will also present the solutions and frameworks, achieving buy-in from all stakeholders and ensuring that there is knowledge transfer to the project teams.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Define and architect for the selected SAP platforms to support innovative solutions and exceed the expectations of our business group partners.
- Define, develop, maintain, and communicate the future SAP platform strategy to all levels including the Corp. IT Executive Team.
- Evaluate innovative and emerging IT technologies, trends, vendors, and best practices for applicability and propose for usage within group when appropriate.
- Foster a culture of innovation in an environment that requires high levels of adaptability, scalability, reliability and security.
- Build relationships with solution architects across the technology organizations and collaborate on creating and promoting architectural and integration best practices across technologies.
- Partner cross functionally with key stakeholders across all IT groups.
- Collaborate on developing technology standards and norms for the Enterprise with a focus on selected SAP Applications (eg. Financial, FMS, S4, Ariba, Business Objects, etc.) to help set the stage for the next phase of the company growth.
- Influence the IT “ to-be” technology footprint, develop roadmap and phased transition approach to enable future success.
- Big thinker that is interested in transforming and revolutionizing company capabilities.
- Experienced in progressive technology solutions supporting collaboration, database & analytics capabilities.
- Is recognized in the technology industry as an innovative thought leader that creates best in class solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple SAP based software offerings (eg. SAP S4 for Fashion & Verticle Industries, FMS, AFS and/or IS Retail, Ariba, Business Objects & SAP CAR)
- Experience developing and delivering complex technology architecture for global applications in a high volume transactional environment.
- Well versed in multiple infrastructure operating models from traditional (on-premise), to Cloud-based models and hybrid variations.
- Experience working with offshore development teams.
- Ability to take ownership of open-ended problems and drive them to completion.
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Likes working at a fast pace, is self-directed, and able to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues and priorities.
- Is motivated to explore new technologies and learn new things, while also recognizing that many good ideas and implementations may already exist.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
15+ years’ experience of software development, leadership and delivery
At least 10 years progressive experience implementing SAP applications including at least 3 full life cycle implementations of SAP S4 for Fashion, FMS, AFS and/or IS Retail experience is highly preferred.
At least 10 years progressive experience building resilient platforms, software as-a service, architecture and integration.
Strongly preferred experience with SAP FMS solution.
The individual must have relevant, proven experience of team leadership.
Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent
The candidate must have exceptional technical skills with implementation as well as architecture and integration for SAP solutions.
Deep skills in systems architecture, asynchronous systems and high availability systems. In particular those exhibiting low latency, low cost while supporting enormous volumes of digital content and transactions.
Strong facilitation skills to engage subject matter experts to define platform requirements and conduct detailed design reviews with project teams.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to explain and document the technology strategy to diverse audiences; technical, business, executive leadership, etc.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!