SAP Retail Architect, Merchandising Systems
One Meadowlands Plaza 9th Floor East Rutherford, NJ 07073
SAP Retail Architect, Merchandising Systems
Reports to: Director of Merchandising Systems
Summary: We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and driven SAP Retail Architect to join our fast-paced and rapidly expanding IT organization. You will play a critical role in designing and implementing enhancements to and maintaining our SAP Retail Platform. You will help define our Retail Systems while working closely with the Merchandising and team and other stakeholders across the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a key member of the North American SAP Competency Center (NACC), serve as conduit between our North America Business Partners and the Global SAP Competency Center (GCC) regarding buying and merchandising related functions in SAP, from master data through transactional and reporting functions.
- Play a lead in supporting Buying & Merchandising Functions, the technology solutions that enable them, and the facilitation areas of integration such as accounting, warehousing and retail operations
- Maintain a deep understanding of the foundational master data that supports our business processes; encompassing articles, vendors, pricing, and other objects that enable our systems to be a key business enabler.
- Go-to IT Merchandising resource for the transition to SAP ECC Retail from existing ERP legacy systems
- Translate business requirements into specs; drive configuration, testing and implementation of the solutions.
- Lead the development of recommendations that will support improvements to our buying and merchandising processes and the overall SAP platform.
Requirements: education, qualifications, work experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree in technology or business related program
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing demand management, pricing / promotions, and merchandising capabilities in SAP; several years in the Retail Industry is highly desired.
- Strong business knowledge coupled with technical skills; deep and broad MM/SD configuration skills is a must
- Specific SAP and Business Knowledge Targets:
- Demand management; Procurement; initial buys and replenishment
- Reporting: Open to Buy
- Pricing, promotions, markdowns
- Master Data: Articles, Vendors, Merchandise Hierarchy, Info Records, Pricing Conditions, plus
- Integrations experience within SAP (i.e. FI/CO, WMS, POSDM, BW, F&R) and non-SAP such as POS
- Strong Reporting experience / knowledge required, preferably hands on with SAP BW;
- Experience writing functional specifications
- A strong customer-first service approach with end users
- Self-motivated and independent demonstrating initiative and a desire to achieve and learn
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Operates with a sense of urgency, yet with a professional, delivery oriented approach – commitment driven
- Builds trust using effective communication and a customer service oriented approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to lead presentations, requirements workshops and project related discussions with associates and senior leadership.
- Facilitates team relationships and team work across the organization and among a diverse workforce;
- Innovates using strong and creative problem solving skills.
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.