Quality Assurance Consultant
Union, NJ 07083
This role includes a unique combination of primarily Quality Assurance services but also includes some design work in creating Store Signs. Responsibilities for QA include preparing and executing Application Test Plans, Test Scripts/Cases and documenting the results. Responsibilities for the design work include creating signs to meet business requirements using a designer tool to do layout and data mappings under the direction of the primary sign developer.
Position Type: Consultant
Experience: 7+ years hands-on software quality assurance and testing exposure
Education: BA - Computer Science or equivalent degree with related work experience
Communications: Strong oral and written communication skills are critical
Preferred Qualifications for QA:
1. Experience testing under various application environments including web-based (e-Commerce), Mobile and client/server. AS400 based systems a plus.
2. Retail experience is important. Exposure to JDA retail system and/or Point of Sale is a plus.
3. Ability to review and understand Business Requirements, Functional specifications and system design documents with the goal of performing a structured validation of all testable conditions.
4. Proven experience preparing and executing manual Test Scripts/Cases and documenting the results.
5. Back-end database testing experience required. Solid ability to create SQL queries and analyze the results.
6. Experience using defect tracking systems and general knowledge of defect processing and control.
7. Capable of working independently or as part of a QA/Project team, as required by the project. Able to effectively and cooperatively interface with all levels of management and staff.
8. Work with Business Analysts, Projects Managers and development staff to review project documentation and implement an effective test effort.
9. Work cooperatively to troubleshoot and resolve project and/or environmental issues.
Preferred Qualifications for Sign Design Work:
10. Experience with layout tools for print or digital media.
11. Ability to pick up and be proficient with new tools quickly (self learner)
12. Experience with Lexmark AccessVia Designer is a big plus.
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.