Union, NJ 07083 | Contract
The primary focus of this position is to actively participate in the ongoing applications testing activities within Client' s Planning Systems team. This person will interface with the development team members and business analysts in order to develop and execute test plans, test scenarios and test scripts. This person should possess strong manual and automated testing skills and have experience in testing client/server as well as Web applications. Also, the person should have a proven ability to interpret business requirements and conditions of satisfaction and translate them into robust test scenarios.
• 5+ years of experience testing business applications
• Both desktop and Web applications testing experience
• Experience conducting functional, system integration, database and regression testing using manual and automated testing
• Familiarity with requirements gathering, design reviews, and testing phases of the project life cycle
• Working SQL knowledge to conduct data verification and validation testing
• Good experience with quality assurance tools like RTC and JIRA
• Good experience with automated testing tools
• Proficient with data query tools like TOAD or DB Visualizer
• Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
• Excellent verbal and written skills (using English)
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals and the ability to maintain effective work relationships
• The candidate must be able to work under pressure with limited time
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.