Project Manager with PMP
5 Paragon Drive Montvale, NJ 07645 | Contract To Hire
As a Project Manager, you will be expected to manage several projects within a strategic global program. You will be expected to utilize your project management experience to guarantee outcomes and to support and coach others involved in the project team.
Project Managers are expected to ensure that their projects produce the required outputs, to the required standard of quality and the within the specified constraints of time, with a strong focus on financial management.
Project Managers will be expected to follow the in-house project lifecycle from inception to completion using standard project lifecycle practices and artifacts
- Build and maintain project plan, including approach, scope, tasks, durations, work effort, dependencies, budget, planning, assumptions, risk profile, resource allocation, and deliverable definitions
- Coordinate and facilitate core and extended project track meetings
- Make project-level decisions and manage track team leads and day-to-day team activities
- Responsible for identifying and managing project risk factors, and anticipating and resolving project issues
- Proactively provide project status to project team and stakeholders
- Complying with all reporting requirements
- Utilizing and ensuring project adherence to standard project management processes and tools to manage project teams across the entire project life cycle
- Serving as an advocate of the PM principles and standards established by the PMO
- Manage the project change control process
- Measuring project progress against agreed objectives and success criteria
- Escalating unresolved issues to the appropriate PMO
- Experience working in a Professional Services environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Experience with managing large scale IT projects
- Experience with managing Security and Compliance projects is a plus
- Experience in matrix management environment
- Capable of strategic thinking and of moving strategic plans into action
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience in project management disciplines, with experience planning and executing IT projects and programs
- Strong project management skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing projects from definition through implementation, involving internal personnel and third-party contractors
- Requires in-depth experience with formal systems development methodology(ies) and ability to learn, utilize and improve the Project Management Life Cycle
- Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment skills, strong supervisory skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with project team members, project sponsors, functional leads, and senior management
- Requires strong experience using Microsoft Office applications (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint.)
- Ability to schedule project meetings and accurately record meeting minutes.
- Ability to develop and manage effective business relationships
- Ability to work with business subject matter experts and technology specialists
- Attention to detail and pride in well-presented and accurate work
- Flexibility to travel as required to regional locations
- Drive and demonstrated success working independently in a virtual environment
• University degree
• Industry recognized project management qualification, ideally PMP and SCRUM/Agile certified
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!