Project Manager/SCRUM Master
Union, NJ 07083
Job Description: Web Applications Project Manager/SCRUM Master
Our Client is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager/Scrum Master for their company wide initiatives of Web application solutions. The broadly distributed and diverse projects need a PM who can coordinate Agile development teams with a focus on participatory design and broad community engagement. This position will report to an Application Development Manager.
The candidate will possess a combination of strong communication skills, strong analysis, design, application development and implementation skills within Web applications. This individual will work with a team responsible for the development and/or implementation of enterprise wide store and corporate user based solutions. During the project lifecycle, the individual will be responsible for partnering with cross-functional teams of users, developers and QA analysts to ensure successful delivery of critical projects. The candidate must be able to work through the various phases of the projects and take it to successful completion from beginning to end.
• Takes ownership of on-time/on-budget project(s) completion.
• Ensure the timely creation of required materials; including technical specifications, project and resource plans, project updates and presentation materials.
• Coordinates and tracks all project deliverables (milestones, dependencies, critical paths).
• Liaison with various Business units who will be partners on the project.
• Responsible for risk assessment and reporting.
• Develops short term and long-term project plans, priorities and objectives.
• Assists in managing all project resources (internal/external), including budgets.
• Assist in coordinating software design, development and testing.
• Assist in gathering of business requirements, documentation, analysis and cross-functional communications.
• A minimum of 6 - 10 years of demonstrated success in both managing software projects and functional management of software development teams.
• A background combining hands-on design or development experience, and project/program management expertise (at a senior level).
• Expertise in the areas of open source software, user experience design, and Agile software development methodologies.
• Must be business process centric and well organized.
• Strong business acumen and experience in managing (and understanding) business aspects of software projects.
• Proven leadership, communications and interpersonal skills are a must.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and credibly with business partners and senior level of management.
• Knowledge of the Retail and experience in retail systems highly preferred.
• Must have PMP Certification.
• Must have Scrum Master certification.
• Knowledge of IBM Rational tools set (RTC and Focal Point) is a plus.
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.