Project Manager (Confidential)
100 West 33rd Street New York, NY 10001
Project Manager will be part of the marketing team supporting a brand, The position serves as a central hub for strategic and execution support for departments across product, design, sales, and the marketing team.
They need someone that has actually set up or knows how to set up an intake and briefing process for marketing team. Someone that knows how to set up budget templates.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Project Manager will work cross functionally to manage large projects working across business units to document and maintain scope, timelines, dependencies, risks & issues. As a Project Manager on the team, position will also work cross functionally as a thought partner and provide strategic guidance to multiple colleagues to help ensure the successful execution and completion of business-critical projects and marketing campaigns. This position will also be able to perform responsibilities such as facilitating standups and eliminating impediments to the team.
• Manage large, complex, cross functional projects and ensure coordination between teams
• Manage projects from pre-development through launch
• Facilitate project initiation (speculation) steps to ensure appropriate prioritization, schedule and assignment
• Drive discussions with various stakeholders across projects to align on scope, dependencies, sequencing, estimates and timelines
• Anticipate, identify & proactively communicate risks & issues, and collaborate on mitigation approaches to ensure time and scope requirements are met or adjusted
• Use internal tools to plan, document and track project progress. Smartsheet experience is a plus. Facilitate stakeholder communication to drive accountability and communicate the project’ s progress
• Collaborate with other team members to align on dependent scope and resource constraints
• Organize and update project assets, creative briefs, sales tools and marketing tools in Teams, Google Drive, Dropbox… the appropriate vehicle so departments know how to access information.
• Own the overall marketing calendar ensuring we are hitting dates or adjusting the plan accordingly to still keep things on track
• Develop and maintain marketing budgets and Pos
• Create budgets and RFPs
• Helps to facilitate deployment of materials to different agencies and departments as requested; Creative and asset trafficking
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Education and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Project Manager working on marketing initiatives with cross functional teams
• Degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience
• Photoshop or any Adobe Creative Suite skills extremely valuable
• Understanding of creative and design process a plus.
• Superior organization skills
• Ability to write and manage project timelines
• Extremely proficient in all Microsoft Office programs: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Smartsheets
• Developing projects using Agile methodologies and SCRUM experience a plus.
• The ability to link the strategic “ north star” of the project with the day-to-day deliverables of the project
• Ability to diplomatically deal with conflict, constantly focused on rallying everyone around the successful outcome of the overall project or sprint goal
• Demonstrated track record of proactively establishing follow-through on commitments and timely deliverables.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including diplomacy, negotiating, reasoning, problem solving, influencing others and the ability to effectively partner with various people / personalities
• Action-oriented and proactive outlook with relentless attention to detail
• Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
• Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles
• Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
• Reports to VP – Digital and Wholesale Marketing
• No Direct Reports
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!