Program Manager, Retail
2200 Northern Boulevard Greenvale, NY 11548
As part of the Product Management team, the Program Manager is responsible for the planning and delivery of The Company product offerings.
The team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch. In this client facing role, this position bridges the technical and business worlds with designing products that our customers will love.
You will work internal departments toward action and break down complex problems into steps that drive product development. You are passionate about building quality software that is well-considered and well-architected. Program Managers have strong technical backgrounds who can rally teams of engineers and product designers, and drive the development of great products. The Program Manager’ s duties also include the responsibilities of owning the scrum processes, meetings and communications for the associated teams.
About the Job
- Manage each project under development and represent the customer to the development team
- Understand the competition and make feature recommendations
- Propose, drive, and design recommendations into the development team
- Coordinate with vendors/contractors
- Measure and report various metrics on team/feature/product quality and performance
- Help define a product vision and strategy
- Lead the design, technical development, and launch of quality products
- Work with clients and users to ensure each product effort is well defined and well built
- Prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating product schedules with our team of engineers and product designers
- Conduct user interviews, implementing user tests, and defining and analyzing metrics that inform the success of products
- Communicate status updates and issues to stakeholders in a concise and timely manner
- You have a degree in Business, I.T., Computer Science, or related field
- You have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience as a Program Manager and at least 3 years as a Scrum Master
- You' ve successfully led teams for 5 years+
- You have experience with SaaS based offerings and with managing third party vendor relationships
- You' re able to present complex topics with ease and are extremely detail oriented
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have excellent time management and prioritization skills
- You have a unique combination of technical skills and business savvy attitude with the ability to transform end user needs into business solutions
- You' re a team player and can coordinate projects for both technical and non-technical team members
- You have experience in designing and automating scalable processes for an enterprise company
- You' re able to travel from 10-20% of the time as business requirements dictate
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- Experience with organizational design and change management preferred
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!