Dayton, NJ 08810
Digital, ECommerce PRODUCT/PROJECT MANAGER
Seeking a Digital, ECommerce Product Manager who understands B2B and B2C and knowledgeable in 3rd party Digital, EComm solutions and can drive integration and understands the balance between the IT and Digital business side.
This role reports to CIO, but will be dotted line to VP Digital, Ecommerce.
Must be have Project Management experience to run a project from beginning to end.
The focus of this role is digital and eCommerce.
Must know eCommerce platforms, be digitally focused, B2B experience is a plus!
We are looking for an experienced Digital Product Manager with knowledge of B2C/B2B E-COMMERCE and who is passionate about building and managing Digital projects from end to end. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to help design, build, roll-out, and manage projects that deliver the company' s vision and strategy for their DTC ECommerce channel.
The Product Manager is responsible for developing digital products and project management of new consumer-facing cross-platform (i.e. retail and digital) products for The Company. This involves significant collaboration across marketing, merchandising, IT and other stakeholders to define and build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on customer research and industry trends. This role manages external 3rd party partners, internal communications between the development, operational, marketing and IT teams, as well as the delivery of all elements associated with a given cross-platform initiative to ensure successful program launch and optimization of the consumer experience.
• Gain a deep understanding of the B2C/B2B customer experience associated with e-commerce and identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
• Support IT in Project Management of for all cross-platform initiatives both internally and with key external partners
• Work within an agile environment to create user stories, POCs, etc.
• Work across cross-functional teams to scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact and other key product initiatives.
• Partner with dev/engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
• Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
• Collaborate with marketing managers and IT to define the product line strategy and roadmap, to incorporate all relevant digital customer touch points, including but not limited to websites, mobile websites, mobile applications, etc.
• Develop and implement company-wide go-to-market plans, working with all departments to execute to agreed milestones.
• Manage the entire cross-platform life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities and optimization.
• Document customer, business, functional/development requirements, use cases, user persona, measurement plans, as well as A/B and multivariate testing plans as they relate to feature roll-out.
• Participate in the creation of wireframes, user flows, and user experience requirements.
• Manage user acceptance testing.
• Conduct competitive analysis and keep abreast of industry best practices as it might inform new product development and existing product evolution.
• Drive third-party partner assessment in collaboration with marketing and IT.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Marketing, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of experience and instruction.
• Experience in agile product development and associated project management software.
• Experience in designing, building and launching cross-platform experiences, preferably within the retail industry.
• Experience as a product manager building and project managing e-commerce related initiatives.
• Proven working experience in consumer digital product management (commerce, community, content, and personalization)
• Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
• Some technical knowledge with understanding and/or hands-on experience in ECommerce, Digital Marketing, and web technologies
• 3+ years of e-Commerce and digital product development experience.
• Experience in an agile development environment.
• Experience managing cross-functional projects, liaising with business stakeholders and IT to deliver projects on time.
Skill and Ability:
• A very keen sense of customer needs/desires, a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
• Ability to communicate with all areas of the company including web development counterparts to define detailed functional and technical product release requirements.
• Ability to develop wireframes and user flows.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Outstanding problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one' s sleeves to get the job
• Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!