Product Manager, Enterprise Content Platforms
200 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10019
The Product Manager role will be the direct liaison to the business users helping to set the priority for features and experiences in systems like the Global ECM, SharePoint Online, Document Imaging systems, and Contract Life-Cycle Platforms. The Product Manager will manage current solutions, expand to new solutions and create an unrelenting focus on the customer experience.
The Product Manager will also support products and/or functionality that are integrated into the creative and communications digital platforms and ecosystems. The right candidate will partner with other product managers/owners, agile/waterfall partners (technical leads, scrum masters, business analysts, developers and UX designers) within teams to create or mature digital solutions and ensure these solutions exceed the growing expectations of our customers. This position will also provide a clear solution description and outline of product features for easy comprehension and consumption by the development team and business partners.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Drive the focus for execution of the digital initiatives within the team
- Communicate with partners and developers to ensure consistent delivery
- Set the velocity of the work by prioritizing work effort based on aligned value
- Craft the ECM experiences by design collaboration with regional product managers
- Hold feedback sessions and use deep analytics to reprioritize work efforts
- Justify the KPI’ s and gain business alignment for customer facing platform work
- Work directly with engineers, contractors and vendors to build processes and efficiencies as we scale platforms
- Report on velocity, value and status regularly
- Craft presentations for the business on potential capabilities and enhancements to digital ECM platforms
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Agile development experience
- Experience with Agile/Waterfall practices
- 8+ years of experience working within product owner framework or similar function.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Experience creating and maintaining a Product backlog and sorting the Product backlog items according to priority.
- Ability to clearly communicate the business requirements to the team.
- Build and maintain a relationship with the Stakeholders.
- Experience interacting with senior level management
- Strong writing ability
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Marketing and Communication, or Management Information Systems
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver consumer software products and projects using agile methodology
- Experience with Global ECM platform implementations and migrations
- Prior experience with SharePoint to SharePoint Online migrations is a plus
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering digital products in an Agile/Waterfall environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to inform recommendations and drive actions. Experience with A/B and multivariate testing methodologies is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
- Familiarity with mobile technologies, web services, and back-end application architectures
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Goal oriented and self-motivated within a team environment
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!