Product Manager, Consumer Data and Analytics
100 West 33rd Street ny, NY 10001
This position needs an innovative and insightful thinker who likes solving complex business problems leveraging technology and data. Someone who has lead cross-functional teams implementing data and analytics platforms or digital products, as well as a deep understanding of Agile/Scrum development, its tools and methods for success.
The product manager will be the direct liaison to marketing and consumer insights business partners across all brands, and helps drive the technology roadmap for consumer data and analytics capabilities. The Product Manager will collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to translate business needs into technical product requirements, and work with engineering team(s) to build and deliver world-class technology solutions. Will also partner with other product managers, engineering teams as well as external partners to drive end-to-end project execution and enable business value through technology
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Understand marketing and consumer insights business strategies for all brands, and translate those strategies into technical capabilities and product roadmaps
- Work closely with business product owner to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Product management through entire lifecycle, including story gathering, defining done, building for outcomes, reporting on effectiveness through analysis & financial management
- Take ownership of assigned scrum teams, and play an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Set the velocity of work for your projects/teams by prioritizing work effort based on aligned value
- Run demos, presentations, and stand-ups specific to your projects and initiatives to keep alignment with all contributing stakeholders
- Review test plans and lead UAT to ensure business capability requirements and timelines are met
- Conduct feedback sessions with engineering and business teams to continuously evolve team processes and performance
- Report on team velocity, value and project status regularly to business and other stakeholders
- Craft and deliver presentations on potential capabilities and enhancements to marketing technology platforms
- Utilize and stay current with modern platforms and methods
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of progressive IT experience with minimum 2 years of experience working in a product management, technical product owner or similar capacity
- 2+ years of business analysis experience preferably in Fashion, Retail or CPG industries
- Strong experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver marketing technology solutions or digital products using agile methodology
- Experience creating and maintaining a Product backlog and prioritizing the Product backlog items according to business value
- Experience leading customer data or marketing analytics projects
Education: Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, or a related field
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!