Point of Sale Implementation Manager
New York, NY 10001
Point of Sale Implementation Manager
The individual would be responsible for managing the implementation project for Client’ s new retail suite - unified Customer Repository, centralized Pricing Engine and Omni Channel POS system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for all stores in the US.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chair the project management team meetings
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, risks and issues and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key stakeholders
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in successfully deploying an Omni-Channel Point of Sale at a large US retail organization on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Projects, ServiceNow, etc…
- Experience in working with Point of Sale systems, specifically Oracle XStore or SAP/GK.
- Experience integrating a Point of Sale system to an SAP backend.
- Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Bachelor’ s Degree in appropriate field of study
- 10+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 10+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
Parts of the project will be run in NY, NY and the St, Petersburg, FL offices.
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.