Part Time IT Support Center Analyst
union, NJ 07083 | Contract
Part Time IT Support Center Analyst will be responsible for providing phone support to all concepts, offices and warehouses, including remote end users during their assigned work shift within the IT Support Center.
The candidate will receive inbound calls via the ACD, answer questions, troubleshoot and document steps performed to resolve challenges with hardware, software and application issues in an incident management database. Analysts will work independently under the supervision of a senior analyst or Supervisor during their work shift. The candidate will also need to facilitate customer resolution for calls and engage their supervisors and managers to ensure operational consistency across all shifts within the IT Support Center.
The ideal candidate will maintain a mindset of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of support processes, customer satisfaction and the application of tools for optimization of requests into the IT Support Center and across the IT Services organization.
Bilingual (Spanish), is a plus….
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate must have the ability to work independently.
The position requires excellent communication and customer service skills, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and team oriented focus.
The candidate must be able to follow directions, guidelines and established procedures (best practices), and also have a passion for continuous self-improvement
- Have a working knowledge of POS hardware, RF, and Networking concepts
- Be flexible to alternate shift hours in order to support staff vacation or sick day coverage requirements
- Contact and coordinate vendors in the provision of timely service and repair of POS Controllers & Registers (Toshiba), Printers (Harland), RF Equipment (Zebra)
- Support Center Manager, Senior Supervisor(s), Lead Analysts, Multiple IT Production Support Teams.
- Hardware, software, and communication equipment vendors
QUALIFYING EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must have technical experience in a high volume; 24x7 Retail or Technical Network or PC Equipment Support Center environment
- Must have experience in collaborating with team members towards delivering industry best practice methodologies
- Must be able to identify, isolate, escalate and document, challenges which impact user environments.
- Must be able to stay on top of incident case load and provide necessary updates to groups in a timely and consistent manner.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or commensurate experience.
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.