Oracle Apps DBA and core DBA
1 Old Country Rd Carle Place, NY 11514
The ideal candidate will have worked with Oracle Applications R12.2 and will be part of a team of DBA' s.
This is a 24x7 position with the need to be on on-call on a rotational basis for production support. Weekend support is expected during company holiday times and as needed for critical projects to be completed. Hours are flexible to get the tasks completed. The candidate will be working in both OLTP and DSS environments in a single or standby configuration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oracle Database maintenance support, Oracle EBSA installations, backup, recovery and patch installations. Experienced in oracle applications installations, upgrades, system monitoring, Performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experienced in upgrading cycles for Oracle Applications EBS
- Experienced in Oracle Internet Directory Administration /SSO Oracle Identity Management and integration with Ebusiness suite R12.
- Troubleshooting and Managing Configurations of the Oracle E-business Technology Stack mainly the Web server, Forms server, Reports server and Concurrent Processing Server.
- Experience in working with AD utilities like ADADMIN, ADMERGE, ADPATCH and ADCTRL.
- Tuning APACHE, JSERV for E-business suite environment.
- Experience in tuning the database with STATSPACK/AWR, TKPROF, 10046 TRACE EXECUTION PLANS, SQL PROFILES, SQL PLAN BASELINES, SQL HINTS, using OEM +etc
- Knowledge of Oracle database upgrade, cloning, patching Opatch and administration.
- Experienced in RMAN backup & recovery strategies along with Dataguard configuration
- Experience in installing/upgrading/configuring E-Business Suite application across multiple environments. Familiar with available cloning methods for migration to different O/S.
- Experience in installing/upgrading to Oracle 11G to 12C or 18C (a plus)
- Participate in resolving and closing tickets generated by internal database system.
- Backup and recovery, general administration, migration of databases between various O/S and other DBA activities
- Familiar with Physical/logical database architecture design and implementation, switchover, failover.
- Support high volume websites and supporting large databases is a must
- Handle shifting priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with flexibility in work hours.
- Exposure to Shareplex is a plus; OEM 13c install, upgrade is a plus.
- Ability to write scripts on Bourne/C Shell/korn shell.
- Oracle ERP: Oracle Apps with Oracle Financials, Manufacturing, HRMS modules.
- Oracle Installation & upgrade procedures
- Physical database architecture considerations
- Comprehensive backup & disaster recovery strategy
- Effective Security practices
- Server-wide/Database-wide Configurations & Settings
- Monitoring & auditing techniques
- Capacity planning and management
- Familiar with RMAN, dataguard, SQl*Plus, Toad, OEM 12/13c
- Identifies critical issues with ease
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices and mindsets.
- Delivers informative well organized presentations
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Excels in communicating with individuals and small groups
- Contributes appropriately to conversations
- Promotes active listening with team members
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, effective, grammatically correct, professional and engaging
- The ability to determine which technical solution best fits a given scenario.
- Desire to mentor and train developers in software design and development techniques.
- Ability to manage the design and development of several concurrent projects.
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, and teamwork skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to follow clear methodologies for troubleshooting and development.
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.