Operations Research Director
1410 Lakeside Parkway Flower Mound, TX 75028
The Operations Research Director will use rational, systematic, science-based techniques, advanced analytical methods, and critical thinking to inform the CEO and improve decision-making for complex processes or systems. This individual is required to have a working knowledge of ORSA concepts, analytic techniques, and methodologies such as mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, mathematical optimization, simulation, stochastic-process models, expert systems, decision analysis, and cyber experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS:
- Conduct problem identification and requirements analysis
- Develop risk reduction strategies / mitigation plans
- Fully document existing processes, project improvements, and analytical results
- Develop and document advanced analytical methods (i.e. data mining, statistical analysis, and mathematical models) to improve analytic tradecraft
- Apply decision analysis methods to evaluate current and future programs
- Conduct analysis, organize data, and provide overall ORSA support to line of business programs
- Develop threat, risk and mitigation models
- Develop framework for and perform prioritization of tools, data, and processes
- Research and document process workflows and data flows
- Develop predictive analysis methods
- Simulate the flow of data or events through analytic process workflows to identify process or resource constraints
- Participate in team building research efforts, and sharing of analytical techniques and research methodologies
- Advanced degree must be from an accredited college in mathematics, operations research, statistics, or similar field
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Experience in optimizing operations, including logistics, supply chain management, etc.
- Experience in 6 sigma, lean manufacturing and similar methodologies
- Experience in computer-based analytical tools and office applications (especially MS Office suite)
- Proficient including python or related language
- Detailed knowledge of Mathematics, Statistics, Design of Experiments, Physics, or Engineering
- Modeling and simulation experience
- Knowledge / experience in computer programming, such as designing/building applications, modules and / or graphical user interfaces (GUIs) using languages such as C++, Fortran, Visual Basic, MATLAB, etc.; the Linux operating system Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience in preparing and delivering oral and written presentations
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.