On-Site Risk Assessor
239 Wall Street Princeton, NJ 08540
Summary: Conduct risk assessments based on various inputs from client vendors as well as planning and conducting on-site assessments. This is an on-site position in McLean, VA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct assessments, provide the moderation for all internal meetings such as scoping and remediation review meetings.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of an assessment up to but not including the vendor remediation status reporting phase.
- Coordination and scheduling of internal client resources for activities such as scoping meetings and assessment review meetings.
- Coordination through communication, both written and telephonically, with vendors to schedule their activities and dues dates for all assessments, both remote and on-site.
- Conducting assessments within the framework of the client’ s approved methodology and through the tools acquired by the client to support their vendor risk management program.
- Providing analysis and remediation recommendations per assessment.
- Assist as required in the production of various reports.
- Make, from time to time, recommendations for continuous improvement to tools and processes.
- On-site position in McLean, VA. NO relocation expenses available.
- Travel may be required
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor' s degree from four-year college or university
- Five to eight years related experience and/or training in the following:
- Conducting Risk assessments
- Third party (vendor) risk assessments
- Must be CISSP certified.
- Must have one or more of the following certifications:
- Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
- CRISC - Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
- Highly analytical and effectively able to troubleshoot and prioritize needs, requirements and other issues.
- Be knowledgeable of current IT technologies
- Have excellent communications, teamwork, leadership and conflict management skills.
- Strong work ethic, relationship building, attention to detail, problem solving skills, and time management skills
- Must possess multi-tasking skills and flexibility
- Must display effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be available to periodically work after hours and weekends
- Collaboration & Service to Others: Balances collective and individual responsibilities; Remains objective and open to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Builds esprit de corps; Builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone' s efforts to succeed; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Demonstrates " getting to yes" negotiation skills; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds in a timely manner to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Asks for and offers help when needed; Proactively addresses & resolves role conflict issues with others; Maintains confidentiality
- Ethics: Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds and champions organizational values; Exhibits fair and consistent judgment; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Improves processes, products and services
- Writing and editing: Has the ability to present complex concepts in language accessible to non-technical and non-specialist personnel; can accurately edit the work of others; produces written works of their own or others that is grammatically sound and effectively communicates required concepts and directions
Proficient in English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret IT-specific questionnaire and documentation, as it relates to functional area. Ability to read and write reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
Ability to define problems, collect data, and establish facts with accuracy and thoroughness; ability to draw valid conclusions. Ability to comprehend and interpret abstract and concrete variables
High degree of decision-making responsibility, can operate effectively and in alignment with general guidance without constant referral to senior management
Assignment is 6 months with possible extension or RTH
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!