1 North Corporate Drive,, Riverdale, NJ 07457
This role is a combination skills, for someone who enjoys being a " Jack (or Jill) of all trades"! You will join a small team of talented IT folks in a collaborative and career-enhancing Corporate culture.
The Network/Systems Administrator’ s role is to ensure the stable operation of our Client' s in-house computer network. This includes the planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing of all Network hardware, Software, and Communication links.
The Admin will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software on premise and in the cloud. This includes Azure and O365 environment along with an Active Directory Microsoft Domain
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls.
- Ensure network connectivity of all endpoints.
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Knowledge & Experience
- Working technical knowledge and configuration of network and PC operating systems, including Cisco iOS for Switches, Routers, ASA Firewalls, and Wireless along with Microsoft Windows Server and Client OS’ s.
- Working technical knowledge and configuration of iSCSI and Fiber networking.
- Working technical knowledge and configuration of phone systems including Avaya, and Skype.
- Experience working with Internet Service Providers and Phone Service Providers.
- Working technical knowledge and configuration of storage area networks and virtualization with an emphasis on VMware
- Working technical knowledge and configuration of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including iSCSI, Fiber, TCP/IP, 802.1x, vLAN, DMZ, DHCP, and DNS.
- Working knowledge and configuration of Microsoft Azure and O365.
- Working knowledge and configuration of Active Directory and Microsoft Domains
- Working knowledge and configuration of barcode scanners and tablets
- Scripting and SQL experience are a plus.
- Must be able to manage their own projects
- Strong documentation skills are a must
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws including GDPR is a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Formal Education & Certification -
- Degree in a field relating to Information Technology
- CCNP is a plus
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!