Network Services - WAN Specialist
Edison, NJ 08837-2220
Seeking a strong Network consultant to work with a thriving international company! Collaborative office environment. Potential for perm hire for the right candidate.
The WAN Specialist will take responsibility for the overall day-to-day support and maintenance of the enterprise-wide infrastructure. The candidate acts as a technical lead and consultant on network/security solution designs and the development/implementation approach.
The candidate will be engaged and lead solution-prototyping, testing and final promotion to production. The candidate is responsible for the day-to-day troubleshooting, maintenance and implementation of the enterprise-wide network including on-call support according to an assigned schedule.
The candidate will participate in the planning, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the company wide area network and/or local area networks. The candidate will engage and interact with vendor provided services and ensure that they are meeting their SLAs through performance monitoring.
The candidate will also promote adherence to security policies and standards, demonstrates awareness of key security trends, considers alternative courses of action and selects the best options according to the intended security posture. Maintain IT security operations consistent with industry best practice, laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards. In addition, the candidate will provide consultative support for production systems and applications. With minimal supervision, candidate will perform tasks with a moderate to advanced degree of difficulty.
- Minimum of five years of progressively more complex experience maintaining enterprise LAN/WAN systems, network and security infrastructure required.
- Minimum requirements include a four-year degree from an accredited college. Additional network and security certifications are desired
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with users in assigned areas and be responsible to develop, document, and implement standard operating procedures, customer service guidelines and best practices
Excellent written, oral communications, interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and reasoning abilities
- High level of initiative and self motivation; demonstrates excellent work ethic
- Ability to plan and effectively organize workload by setting and/or clarifying priorities and expectations
- Ability to collaborate with others and seek assistance from other team members, as needed
- Ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with all organizational levels, including strong documentation skills
- Works closely with onsite technical teams to recognize and report root cause analysis of incidents reported to the client services
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP Cisco Routed Internetworks (Incl. WAN and LAN technologies).
- Strong Hands-on knowledge of Cisco ASA and Firewall Systems methodology, including advanced functionality (VRRP, IP-Clustering)
- Strong knowledge of IPSec, SSL VPN and PKI technologies required
- Strong knowledge of Network Monitoring applications required
- Strong knowledge of maintenance routines to servers and LAN/WAN equipment
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications technologies (Frame-Relay, MPLS and ISDN) is required
- Strong knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP Protocol Suite (ICMP, TCP, UDP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) required
- Good knowledge of enterprise management and monitoring software
- Thorough knowledge of the OSI protocol stack, and experience with routing and bridging technology is essential
- Strong knowledge of network troubleshooting tools
- Experience with Intranet/Internet applications and related technologies a plus.
Soft skills/Traits –
- Team oriented individual committed to “ doing the right thing, every time”
- Integrity – telling the truth every time, regardless of its impact.
- Highly motivated – have the desire and tenacity to carry each task to its completion
Growth – Be committed to continual personal and professional growth, and be committed to a pro-active approach the process
- Customer service – Be willing to “ go the extra mile”, every time for the customer
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!