Union, NJ 07083
Clients server team is looking to spear head operational automation to build and maintain environments. This position will help the sever team develop tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef to be able to continuously deliver computing power. We are looking for experience in a hybrid cloud infrastructures that utilize automation components to be more efficient.
• 2+ year on Azure or GCP cloud infrastructure
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in RHEL 6.x/7.x environment is required
• Automation experience with Ansible (Preferred), Chef or Puppet
• 1+ years administrative experience with RedHat Satellite 6 and patching
• 1+ years’ experience working with VMWare Infrastructure 5.x+
• 1+ years’ experience in one of the following: Perl, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, bash, or other similar language
• RHCT/RHCE or VMware certifications are a plus
• Automation experience building and deploying new virtual and physical servers
• Experience developing or implementing code deployment tools to create and control infrastructure as code
• 4+ years of related work experience demonstrating increasing complexity and responsibility in a DevOps or Site Reliability position
• Dell/HP/Cisco hardware experience
• Strong expertise with protocols: DNS, HTTP, SNMP
• Mentor team of Site Reliability Engineers with reliability and automation responsibilities
• Setup installation of monitoring and security products
• Develop playbooks and other automation scripts to deploy infrastructure as code
• Develop documentation and run books for automation that is developed
• Operationalize automation built for server team and teach users
• Communicate with team members with written and verbal skill sets
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.