NY, NY 10017
An experienced Network Administrator with the following:
· Extensive experience with Cisco networking technologies including routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF), VPN, loading balancing, VLANs, access lists, wireless access points, firewalls etc. in an Enterprise wide multi-site environment required.
· Travel may be required.
· After hours and weekend work will be required
· BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or MIS preferred. Cisco certification required or Checkpoint Certification.
· Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer
· Professional certification (e.g. CCNP, CCDP, CCNA)
· Solid background in network administration and architecture:
o Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN' s)
o Routing (OSPF, RIPv2, BGP)
o WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN)
o Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking)
o Large Scale Wireless Deployments
· Familiarity with access control models and network security
· Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. WireShark, SolarWinds network tools)
· Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS)
· Working expertise with Firewalls (e.g. Checkpoint)
· Sharp troubleshooting skills
· Ability to work independently
Organizational and mentoring skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure
Caroline joined the Connors Group in 2004 and is focused on recruiting for Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure job opportunities. A confident communicator who is strongly motivated to succeed, Caroline relates warmly with others; easily establishing relationships with everyone she interacts with.
She believes that clients value consistency in delivering a certain caliber of talent and results in filling their critical vacancies. Paying close attention to their needs and delivering solutions that match their talent expectations is how she embodies quality service for the businesses that she works with! Candidates value relationships committed to truth, understanding of their needs, knowledge of the hiring landscape, and results. She delivers that by motivating the potential in others; connecting proficiency with possibilities!
Caroline is proud that - with her help… many of her candidates land their dream job and the companies she worked with land their dream candidate! She loves her job because of the positive influence imparted onto others. The impact of a recruiter is twofold: first, you can literally change the life of an individual by placing them in their dream job, and second, you can effectively change the direction and the success of a corporation with a single great hire in a key job (i.e. recruiting a young Derek Jeter to your baseball team.)
Continue to relate easily to others, communicate with candor, and find and place “top notch” candidates; are all long-term career goals. In addition, Caroline aims to be positioned in the market as a recruiter specialized in infrastructure and security placements. Caroline is bilingual in English and Spanish. She loves running, Pilates, nutrition, The New York Yankees and spending time with her family outside of the office.