236-250 Greenpoint Ave Brooklyn, NY 11222 | Contract
Network Administrator Skills and Qualifications:
· CCNA Certification is a plus
· Microsoft certification in Windows Server
· SonicWALL NSA experience is a plus.
· Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal
· Maintain virtualized VMware environment.
· Maintain and configure Wireless access points, VPN tunnels, remote access connections
· Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols
· Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls
· Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor
· Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
· Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
· Protects organization' s value by keeping information confidential
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
· Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting client’ s computer systems. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments
· Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
· Install and maintain network hardware and software
· Analyze and isolate issues
· Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users
· Evaluate and modify system' s performance
· Identify user needs
· Determine network and system requirements
· Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
· Ensure network connectivity throughout a company' s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations
· Design and deploy networks
· Perform network address assignment
· Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
· Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
· Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
· Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems
· Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
· Windows 2008, Windows 2012
· Active Directory, DNS, Global DNS, DHCP, Group Policies
· Office 365 / On-Premises Microsoft Exchange.
· Maintain and deploying Firewalls. This includes a deep understanding of Firewall Rules, Packet tracing (Wireshark), IP SEC Tunnels, and deployment.
· Linux/Unix Administrator
· Represent the company in a positive light
· Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates Will Offer:
Minimum 5 years of experience as Network Administrator, preferably in Retail environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Proficiency with Microsoft software applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and Windows operating system environment.
Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and take initiative with limited direction.
Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!