Union, NJ 07083
Client is looking for a MicroStrategy Architect with strong passion for turning large data into actionable insights that drive improved business performance. They must have strong analytical skills and ability to quickly transform the data into presentable format that would help answer hard questions with current generation analytical reporting.
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, this individual will be responsible for designing BI data model and architectures by analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources. They will be integral in transforming the way that data is integrated and leveraged to drive the business. This position will have the opportunity to present findings and share insights with multiple business leaders throughout the organization including merchandising, marketing, supply chain, operations, finance etc.
• Design and develop dimensional data models to support on going and new reporting initiatives thru data analysis, data discovery and requirements gathering.
• Architect MicroStrategy schema and work closely with other team members to support reporting needs.
• Develop reports and dashboards using MicroStrategy.
• Working closely with Data Integration teams and validate the data to ensure it meets the defined business rules.
• Troubleshoot and optimize existing MicroStrategy reports as part of support.
• Migration of MicroStrategy objects between environments as needed to support existing MicroStrategy Administrator.
• Evaluate and test new features of MicroStrategy before they are rolled out to end users.
• Working closely with other infrastructure teams to assist in software upgrades.
• Work with cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of data & analytics projects and initiatives.
• Produce dynamic data driven analytic solutions to support the strategic goals of the company.
• Develop process improvements, analytical frameworks, share expertise with others, mentor and continually strive to improve overall contributions to the department.
Experience & Personal Qualities:
• At least 7 years of experience with MicroStrategy and at least 5 years of recent experience as MicroStrategy Architect.
• Advanced skills in development of attributes, facts, dimensions, transformations, grids and Dashboards in MicroStrategy.
• Ability to understand complex multidimensional business source systems and provide with Dimensional Data Models for reporting.
• Experience working with the full life cycle BI reporting development process, which includes analysis, design, construction, testing and post implementation support.
• Strong SQL skills with ability to optimize as needed on various database platforms primarily on Teradata and Netezza.
• Willingness and the ability to closely work with User community, DBAs, ETL developers, and the project team in general.
• A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
• Prior working experience in the area of Retail Industry is preferred.
• The ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and as a team with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Be detail-oriented and comfortable with a fast-paced, structured, retail environment
• A minimum Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
• Expert knowledge of MicroStrategy.
• 8 + years professional experience in analytical reporting.
• At least 6 years of experience with MicroStrategy and at least 5 years of recent experience as MicroStrategy Architect.
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.