Mgr Consolidation, FP&A
350 5th Ave 6th Floor New York, NY 10118
This position is responsible for managing financial consolidation system: BPC (an SAP product). BPC is utilized to perform complex internal and external reporting which includes the generation of key financial reports utilized by senior leadership as well as FP&A, investor relations and SEC reporting teams. The administration of BPC includes ensuring data integrity, processing all functional/ business changes, communicating with the end users and finance team, and ensuring SOX compliance. This position would also require the ability to understand the new and intricate business structure.
- Ensure data Integrity within BPC.
- Ensure SOX compliance related to BPC and its processes as well as any output reports, wherever appropriate.
- Interact with Directors of Finance and Senior Managers to collect requirements, design, build, test and deploy changes to BPC.
- Develop custom information system reports and financial reports using complex EPM formulas, dimension member formulas and local members.
- Design and develop custom code to attain the complex requirements such as inventory days calculation, Intercompany transactions eliminations at group level, currency conversions and consolidations at the group level.
- Ensure designs are aligned with company’ s development standards and in line with industry best practices.
- Accommodate any brand acquisitions and dispositions by designing and making applicable changes to existing information systems and conducting various tests such as technical, functional and user acceptance testing and ensuring system changes.
- Configure and oversee the security of BPC - Teams, Task Profiles and Data access profiles by making best use of the members, properties and hierarchies of secured dimensions.
- Provide training to end users on using standard functionalities of BPC and developing ad-hoc financial reports.
Skills And Requirements
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in Accounting and/or Information Systems (IT).
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- Previous Accounting System Administration experience.
- Proactive approach to management of applicable systems.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior managerial and interpersonal skills, with an ability to supervise and motivate others.
- Ability to work under time constraints including overtime hours during the quarter-end and year-end closing and reporting process.
- Utilize computer to input, retrieve or display accounting information.
- Accounting software experience, preferably BPC or Hyperion.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Specific BPC Skills : managing security profiles, building reporting structure, creating new reports.
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.