Manager of Information Technology
10 Centerville Rd Holmdel Twp, NJ 07733
The Manager of Information Technology role will direct the planning and implementation of strategic and tactical enterprise IT initiatives across the company focusing on cost effectiveness, efficiency, service and data quality. They will act as a critical leader and driver of enterprise transformation, partnering with the Executive Team members in achieving goals and objectives. This role will identify new technologies, as appropriate, to further strengthen the firm’ s competitive position while continuing to improve customer and employee experiences. This role will be responsible for the development and oversight of security, ERP systems, applications and manage IT infrastructure and projects across the company. The Manager of Information Technology will report to the Director of Information Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as the lead developer and solutions architect for the Corporate Applications Development team.
• Direct, organize and deliver IT-related projects.
• Responsible for the enterprise-wide applications including prioritizing and executing enhancements and upgrades.
• Ability to convert business strategy to technology execution.
• Work collaboratively with business leadership, communicate an IT vision and strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
• Oversee the technological infrastructure (including networks and website best practices) to ensure optimal performance.
• Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways to improve service delivery, both internally and externally.
• Create and sustain an innovative IT roadmap to include the anticipation of projects and be ready to recommend and defend appropriate actions around a specific project or a change that is needed.
• Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve business performance.
• Effectively work with senior management and across the organization to identify opportunities to leverage new and existing technologies efficiently and implement accordingly.
• Drive and be actively engaged in vendor contract negotiations around new assets such as computers, laptops, software, licenses, etc.
• Stay abreast and advise senior leadership of technology risks, issues, solutions, compliance and regulatory mandates.
• Ensure that development teams follow best practices related to all aspects of software development
• Ensure proper training and development including but not limited to; security awareness and IT policy creation.
• Experience with server hosting, cloud computing, and cyber security.
Supervisory Responsibilities: yes
Bachelor' s degree in computer science, business, or related discipline, or equivalent education and related experience required. MS/MBA preferred.
Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry. Broad knowledge of computer systems including knowledge of data processing communication and network standards, cyber security, software/hardware project management and vendor management.
5-10 years of relevant IT experience, 2+ years leadership/management experience, 3+ years full life cycle including implementation, system design, solutions architect, planning and development, QA/Testing, release management.
• Must have strong hands on experience within the Microsoft technology stack; SQL Server, C#, .NET as both as a developer and team lead/solutions architect.
• Solid demonstrated experience in advanced T-SQL tactics, (stored procedures, views, triggers, functions, optimization and tuning)
• Solid experience in developing and leveraging API’ s (SOAP, Rest)
• Demonstrated experience in data integration processes and tools, SSIS, Informatica, Altryex, Data Connect or similar. (Data Connect preferred)
• Experience with responsive web dev and UI controls
• Good knowledge of REST APIs
• Cloud and/or SaaS experience helpful
• Analyze, select and implement suitable technology for company projects and initiatives
• Expert level knowledge and understanding of technology across various domains (sales, finance, supply chain, etc.)
• Successful history of working in and leading teams to meet business needs
• Must have strong problem solving and decision-making skills and good business acumen
• Experience working with multiple locations in manufacturing environment
• Ability to connect business and technology strategy
• Strategic decision-making
• Success building and mentoring a team that thrives
• Driving results by aligning to thoughtful performance measures
• Success building, cultivating, and sustaining partnerships
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with distinction in driving discussions with senior executives
• Experience working at executive level to shape and align strategic agenda
• Strong vendor/partner contracting, and negotiation skills required
• Work with cross-functional teams internally and externally to explain, understand, manage, and implement complex partnerships and projects
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.