Manager - Creative Systems
Irvington, NY 10533-1527
Manager - Creative Systems
The Creative Systems Manager is mainly responsible for providing guidance and support around all systems primarily supporting the creative and design teams. Included in this are system support, documentation and analysis within the PLM system landscape. Additionally, (s)he will be required to manage system developments, testing and training for all business users along with ensuring the proper evolution of the solutions to meet both functional and technical needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as main liaison with the business community.
- Work closely with key business partners and leaders to gather requirements for enhancements, change requests and new functionality.
- Provide workflow analysis and assist in identifying recommendations in both systemic and functional process flow.
- Identify business and/or system issues and provide alternative options for resolution.
- Train the business user community on system functionality.
- Lead in unit, integration and user acceptance test plan development and execution, including the creation of test scenarios/scripts, test data setup and verification/validation of test results.
- Manage issues and bugs within the system.
Documentation and Communication
- Translate business requirements to functional specifications and work with internal and external technical resources to create technical documentation and solutions.
- Provide timely and consistent communication with the internal and external teams, including providing status updates on projects and operational requests.
- Assist with the development of necessary training documents such as training manuals, user cheat sheets and how to guides.
- Maintain all documentation regarding the business processes and their related system solution diagrams.
- Work with vendor to validate and refine technical specifications against business requirements.
- Communicate with external vendors and other departments to resolve production issues, upgrades, and software evaluations.
- Lead and develop the IT PLM team.
- Work with other functional and technical leaders in IT on cross functional IT projects.
PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS AS REQUIRED
Bachelor degree or equivalent project work experience
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience managing and supporting PLM and design systems in the fashion apparel industry, with increasing responsibilities
- Serve as program manager for creative systems
- Experience with product life cycles from inception to production
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and orally, with a strong ability to follow up and communicate through ambiguity
- Detail and task oriented with a sense of urgency and the ability to reprioritize as needed
- Ability to multitask in a collaborative environment, partnering with individuals from various departments
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to analyze and make recommendations on solutions
- Ability to write clear specifications and requirements
- Experience with the DeSL PLM solution
- Experience with SQL querying and reporting tools
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.