Manager, IT Infrastructure
485 Lexington Avenue New York, NY 10017
The Manager, IT Infrastructure is responsible for monitoring, installing, configurating, administering, troubleshooting and maintaining the technology infrastructure. This role provides leadership and technical expertise to ensure stable, efficient and secure operations. The candidate will be familiar with infrastructure best practices and trends and regularly make recommendations to improve our capabilities. The candidate will be responsible for completing projects on time, on budget, and at the required level of quality. The role requires attention to detail, organization, and problem-solving to drive progress, ensure transparency, remove impediments, and mitigate risks. The candidate will be expected to provide a leadership role within the IT organization and have the requisite communications and presentation skills.
Reports to VP, IT.
- Design, implement and support operations of Windows server environment, including monitoring performance, patching and disaster recovery.
- Manage Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure, including EC2, S3, Aroura and redshift.
- Manage global Active Directory infrastructure including Azure AD
- Administer Microsoft Office365 Cloud Services
- Manage backups of on-site physical and VMWare environments as well as cloud infrastructure.
- Lead the design and implementation of new infrastructure projects in both the NY and regional offices.
- Manage global deployment of Meraki Firewalls and WiFi environment.
- Maintain Cisco Call Manager and Call Center voice environments.
- Stay on top of security best practices for infrastructure
- Stay on top of industry best practices and trends to ensure LHW infrastructure remains secure and flexible to support the business strategy.
Requirements, Experience and Qualifications
- 8-10 years experience in System Admin Network role or equivalent capacity required
- Experience in supporting / configuring MS Office365 Exchange and collaboration platform
- Experience with Powershell or similar scripting language
- Experience in working with cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
- AWS certification a plus
- Experience in managing cisco switches
- Experience managing Cisco Call Manager or similar VOIP environments
- Experience building and managing VMware environments
- Experience managing NetApp filers
- Experience managing Meraki Firewalls and WiFi environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor’ s degree strongly preferred
- Work from NY office, with ability to travel up to 10%
Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Energetic, positive, creative, frank, clear, and diplomatic
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams
- Able to successfully delivery projects that include strategy, technology, change, and training components
- Able to hold vendors accountable while fostering positive working relationships
- Able to quickly identify potential business & technology risks, and propose solutions
- Self-sufficient: Able to initiate, prioritize, and complete assignments with little supervision
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take risks and try innovative ways of solving problems
- Happy to wear multiple hats
Recruiting Director, Executive Search
Christine joined The Connors Group in 2006 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. With her roots in the NY area, she uses her local knowledge and experience to serve NYC area clients and candidates in multiple industries.
Christine knows that clients value honesty, attention to details and sound judgment in identifying and presenting highly qualified, well targeted candidates. Using her vetting techniques, she confidently presents only candidates who have the depth of background and breadth of experience that meet the specific requirements of the position. She also has an eye toward the future to ensure her candidates will become highly valuable to her clients and be able to progress.
Candidates appreciate recruiters who listen to their aspirations and objectives. Christine understands that candidates need accurate information about positions, the culture and career potential. She uses her in-depth understanding of the individual client hiring process and her ability to guide candidates through each step to remove the uncertainty associated with seeking a new position.
Christine provides highly responsive service with continuous follow-up to her clients and candidates alike.
Christine is a key contributor to the Connors Group team of recruiting professionals. She works closely with the team to ensure that, when a position is not in her specific area of expertise, her clients’ skill requirements are routed to the team member who can meet the requirements. Christine’s primary objective is to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates by providing the highest level of satisfaction possible.
Outside of her professional life, Christine enjoys the challenge of learning to play the piano, traveling the globe and walking all the great cities of the world with her husband, jet skiing and fast cars!