Lead Software Developer - Full Stack
505 5th Ave New York, NY 10017
If you are a person who embraces the challenge of leading an agile technology team delivering an application built with cloud native technology, is impassioned by the flexibility to experiment with and build innovative solutions to complex business problems and wants to work on a small team committed to using modern software development and operational practices, then this position is for you!
We are seeking a lead software engineer to join our team to help us enhance and support our industry leading financial analytics and data management platform. You will join a New York City based team of passionate, end user focused technologists to practice your craft and develop new skills as we evolve our platform to keep in lockstep with the needs of one of the largest participants in the nation' s mortgage finance system.
What you will do
- Spearhead the technical delivery of a mission critical financial application
- Spend time thinking about and writing code. This will be a combination of new code, code refactoring and automation code. The code will be high-quality, clean, testable code (we like the SOLID principals) that is evolvable, organized and easily supported
- Actively participate in cross functional (DevOps) meetings and bring new ideas for continuous improvement to the team
- Work closely with our Cloud Operations team to communicate cloud infrastructure needs and to support the code that you write once it is in production
- Assist with improvements to our continuous integration / continuous delivery capabilities
- Participate in the agile ceremonies that are at the core of our SDLC (standups, grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives)
- Contribute to the design and build of our systems
- Experiment with (spike) new technologies and help determine how best to apply them to solve the business problems we face
- Operate with limited direction while effectively communicating progress or roadblocks and seeking clarification and assistance when needed
- Subscribe to our standards and values
About the Job
- A strong team leader who is comfortable directing a team of capable technologists and keeping key stake holders apprised of delivery status and delivery risks
- A “ can-do” attitude, comfortable rolling-up sleeves to get the work done and meeting deadlines
- Apply prior professional experience to new contexts to deliver solutions to complex problems
- A deep intellectual curiosity with the ability to fill knowledge gaps
- An appreciation of amazing co-workers. Our company feels more like a family than an employer
- Expert in building and supporting mission critical applications on the Microsoft stack (C#, .NET Core / WebAPI)
- Experience working on distributed architecture built using cloud native services (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
- Embraces SOLID and other clean coding principles including writing testable code and unit tests
- Deep understanding of database design, tuning and querying (including via ORM) in a major relational database engine.
- Involvement delivering software via an SDLC based on CI/CD and DevOps practices
- Bonus points
- NoSQL database experience
- Container technologies (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Financial Services industry, preferably CRE
About the Perks
We offer a competitive salary and benefits suite including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k) matching, flexible work options, a generous time-off policy, career development, peer recognition and other fun perks.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.