Lead, Systems Administration
1000 Retail Drive Fort Mill, SC 29715
The Lead, Systems Administration is responsible for working on significant and unique projects, assignments and issues where he or she will act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments and may oversee the activities of others associates. Areas of focus include relationship management, service transition, service management, service integration, and technical operations activities.
The Lead Wireless Systems Administrator is an experienced IT systems analyst responsible for supporting the Supply Chain (SC) Wireless Network infrastructure. This position is an excellent opportunity for career-minded and goal-oriented individuals. This role provides broad exposure to SC Wireless Network technology platforms that are highly-available and highly-scalable. As such, the individual will be challenged by implementing new solutions and supporting the existing environment. The role requires solid understanding of Enterprise Wireless Networking, LAN Switching, and Structured Cable installation and support.
- Relationship Management
- Provide inputs to production SLAs for SC Wireless Systems of moderate to high complexity. Lead accountability for meeting SLAs.
- Review SLA compliance reports and define activity changes to adhere to SLAs in the future for moderate to highly complex initiatives.
- Service Transition
- Plan and manage service readiness for new or enhanced services of moderate to highly complex scope.
- Ensure that new or changed services satisfy all readiness criteria and are ready for production deployment for moderate to highly complex projects.
- Service Management
- Create formal procedures for service request management.
- Develop the incident management process and procedures and resolve highly complex or unique incidents.
- Develop the prioritization and problem management process and procedures.
- Service Integration
- Review SLA reports and define service improvement opportunities.
- Create and maintain a service catalogue of consistent information on all SC Wireless Networking services delivered to customers.
- Technical Operations
- Develop the event categorization framework to qualify events and determine remediating actions for highly complex and unique new events.
- Define overall approach for service validation at the outset of all solution delivery projects.
- Create and maintain a system that ensures Wireless Configuration Items (CIs) are identified, accounted, reported, verified and audited.
- Plan and direct the addition, modification, or removal of any SC Wireless IT asset in a standard and controlled manner.
- Produce and maintain a capacity plan to ensure that the level of service capacity and availability matches or exceeds the needs of the business.
- Create a framework to manage system health, maintenance, recovery and basic application technical tuning in an automated fashion.
Subset Specific Functions:
- Assist in the architecture process for new SC wireless network related solutions ensuring they are compatible with the company' s business needs and strategic objectives
- Review and analyze new requests, work with IT partners, vendors, and business leaders to understand Wireless Network communication needs; Partner on solutions and recommendations for business initiatives based on infrastructure or application requirements
- Analyze SC Wireless Network performance, reacting to operational performance, and business-wide wireless network issues; Participate on the L2/L3 production support team as it relates to SC Wireless Networking; Help identify and develop efficiency opportunities
- Research, evaluate, develop, design and implement within SC facilities Wireless Network designs and standards following industry best practices
- Provide project management leadership for SC Wireless Networking implementations
- Maintain SC Wireless Network health monitoring and notification tools
- Maintain SC Wireless infrastructure hardware including ongoing software/firmware patches or upgrades and analysis
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with Cisco’ s switch platforms (Catalyst 3750 and 3850)
- Work with managed service providers, telecommunication providers, and other infrastructure teams
- Able to work independently and creatively problem solve complex technical issues.
- Able to provide leadership, guidance and training to others.
- Adhere to corporate networking standards and policies
- Able to provide accurate estimates of time frames and cost estimates necessary to complete potential projects and develop milestones and project implementation plans.
- Understanding of data technologies such as Wireless QoS, routing, switching, DHCP
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Motivating Others
- Time Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 8 years of experience in the IT field or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to create formal networks involving coordination among groups
- Excellent communication skills
- Expert application of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- In depth knowledge of 802.11 technologies including 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, wireless bridging, WPA-PSK, WEP, WPA2/802.1x, EAP, RF Frequency fundamentals.
- In depth knowledge of both centralized and autonomous wireless infrastructure
- Ability to support various wireless clients
- In depth understanding of wireless site survey tools.
- Understanding of VoWifi integration, and standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication; must be able to communicate technical solutions to senior management
- Available for rotation assignment for on-call support duties
- Certifications in areas related to wireless networking: CWNA
- Certifications in areas related to networking: CCNA
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!