650 Liberty Ave Union, NJ 7083 | Direct Hire
Java Developer will be developing web based applications using WebSphere/WebSphere Portal Server as application server
· Participate in all phases of the Software Development Process including design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
· Changing existing applications to changed user requirements.
· Design and development of Java J2EE web applications based on WebSphere server.
· Work closely with other teams in understanding the requirements
· 8+ years of developing business application systems.
· 8+ years of experience with Java development.
· 5+ years of WebSphere portal based web application development.
· Web Content manager template development using WCM
· 5+ years in Tomcat server.
· Experience in AJAX
· Experience in Dojo/Angular/ExtJS/React
· Experience in writing SQL
· Working knowledge of DB2/AS 400
· Web Services, Spring frame work
· Java Server Faces
· Integration with Lotus Notes Domino.
· Experience with LDAP
· Seam frame work
· JSR 286 portlets
· Excellent verbal and written skills (using English).
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals and the ability to maintain effective work relationships are desired.
· The candidate must be able to work under pressure.
Managing Director, Business Transformation & IT
Sheri first joined The Connors Group in 2002. Her genuine commitment to finding the best outcomes for her clients and candidates has resulted in establishing long term, trust-based partnerships. Sheri believes that above all, clients value results and responsiveness in any partner. A high level of service is always required in recruiting, and asking the right questions about an opportunity helps ensure talent is functionally capable and culturally aligned to their needs.
Candidates value that Sheri always takes the time to understand their career goals… because an opportunity represents more than just a job description. Additionally, candidates are always very appreciative of constant follow up and updates to encourage them through the application process. Maintaining two-way communication for interview management and post-hire follow up; she believes it’s always important to empower others through honest feedback.
Making her clients happy is the most rewarding part of the job! Working with an organization to fill their “top spot” and leveraging her consulting expertise in building out their team… This is a scenario that’s occurred multiple times and something she is certainly proud of in her career. She also loves that she has effectively established and maintained her network. Managing to build relationships over the decades and watch individuals grow in their careers – these are accomplishments that have been incredibly rewarding!
Career goals include continuing to learn and grow, build new client relationships, and develop new practice areas. To be positioned in the market as the go-to person for hiring needs in technology, digital, and business transformation - always both from a consulting and full-time standpoint! Outside of work, Sheri loves to travel! Art, theatre, film, jazz, palates, hiking, cycling, and Star Trek (yes – she’s a Trekkie!) are all interests! A favorite quote – “Nobody ever died wishing they spent more time at the office!”