2 Allegheny Commons Pittsburgh, PA 15122
The primary function of a software developer is to design, develop, and deploy software products that support business initiatives including, but not limited to, creating competitive advantages, operational efficiencies, B2B or B2C interfaces, and new business verticals not viable without the aid of technology. A software developer is also tasked with the integration of 3rd party applications and products with our proprietary systems. A software developer is expected to have or grow a good understanding of the core businesses the software supports. He or She may also be asked to interface with stakeholders for the purposes of requirements gathering, testing, product validation, and troubleshooting.
5+ Years of experience with Java
Strong working knowledge of Java Web Frameworks (Hibernate, Spring, Spring security and so on)
Strong working knowledge with creating Restful services
Knowledge of software architecture and implementation patterns
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development (coding) of the software product
- Design of the software product, which includes, but is not limited to, database design, class design, and user interface design
- Testing of the software they develop, both in Unit tests as well as Integration tests
- Troubleshooting issues that can be caused by business process changes, faulty code, training issues, etc.
- Support and mentor less senior developers and assist the development manager in managing timelines and schedules
- Engage in work that is intellectual and requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment
- Primarily engaged in duties that consist of the application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.