Information Security Analyst
1001 Frontier Rd. Bridgewater, NJ 08807 | Direct Hire
The primary purpose of this position is to safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
- Drive the overall Security Monitoring and Vulnerability management program.
- Ensure the overall security monitoring program is operating efficiently and effectively
- Ensure the vulnerability monitoring and notification service of I.T. is operating efficiently and effectively
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Junior Analysts
- Expands the usage of security monitoring tools to improve the security of the environment based on business use cases or changes in threat landscape, root causes from security incident response, or output from security analytics
- Perform security monitoring related functions
- Perform deep forensic analysis to aid in finding threats/suspicious activities in the enterprise
- Malware Reverse Engineering of new threats
- Perform in-depth analysis in support of network monitoring and incident response operations
- Expertise with tools and processes used in security incident detection and handling
- Tier 3 support to help analyze security logs and related security events
- Recognize problems by identifying security-related abnormalities and reporting violations.
- Help determine impact of potential intrusions on the network and infrastructure
- Member of the Security Incident Response Team
- Keep current with vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures and devote time to research and development activities
- Promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network security.
- Provide consultation on technical security topics to the various Information Technology groups
- 3-5 years experience in an information security role
- Prior experience leading teams and mentoring junior staff
- College degree or technical certifications are considered a plus.
- Experience in the security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols
- Significant experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, knowledge of virtual environments, malware analysis and APT Methodologies.
- Experience with advanced threat detection technologies
- Experience in creating advanced security alerts and malware signatures
- Experience with SIEM technologies, log management tools, security analytics platforms, and forensic offerings
- Experience with malware analysis, virus exploitation and mitigation techniques
- Experience with security event response from key security products and services (network traffic analysis, PC forensics, kill chain, windows event analysis, etc.)
- Team player, able to work with other members of the Information Security Group in resolving issues
- Professional and cooperative attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Primary role is event monitoring & incident response.
- Nice to haves:
- Penetration testing
- Any type of Forensics
- Application Security
- Program Management
- Have experience in SIEM
- NetWitness; Splunk;
- Vulnerability scanners
- Qualys; Nessus; Nexpose;
- Penetration testing tools
- Core Impact; Metasploit
- Have experience in SIEM
Recruiting Director, Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure
Caroline joined the Connors Group in 2004 and is focused on recruiting for Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure job opportunities. A confident communicator who is strongly motivated to succeed, Caroline relates warmly with others; easily establishing relationships with everyone she interacts with.
She believes that clients value consistency in delivering a certain caliber of talent and results in filling their critical vacancies. Paying close attention to their needs and delivering solutions that match their talent expectations is how she embodies quality service for the businesses that she works with! Candidates value relationships committed to truth, understanding of their needs, knowledge of the hiring landscape, and results. She delivers that by motivating the potential in others; connecting proficiency with possibilities!
Caroline is proud that - with her help… many of her candidates land their dream job and the companies she worked with land their dream candidate! She loves her job because of the positive influence imparted onto others. The impact of a recruiter is twofold: first, you can literally change the life of an individual by placing them in their dream job, and second, you can effectively change the direction and the success of a corporation with a single great hire in a key job (i.e. recruiting a young Derek Jeter to your baseball team.)
Continue to relate easily to others, communicate with candor, and find and place “top notch” candidates; are all long-term career goals. In addition, Caroline aims to be positioned in the market as a recruiter specialized in infrastructure and security placements. Caroline is bilingual in English and Spanish. She loves running, Pilates, nutrition, The New York Yankees and spending time with her family outside of the office.