IT Tax Analyst
1001 Frontier Rd. Bridgewater, NJ 08807
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITY OF THE JOB:
This position may require some travel, both domestically and internationally based on project requirements.
Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent required.
IT background in functional design and implementation of financial systems.
Must have excellent partnership skills and must be able to work with a highly diverse workforce, domestically and internationally
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Proficient in Visio
Proficient in Microsoft Proj
- This position will bring TR OneSource (Tax) subject matter expertise and will be responsible for production support, root cause analysis, solution design, system enhancements and Tax related projects. This candidate would be responsible for ensuring controls for the OneSource Tax Engine configurations and data integrity. Communication skills are critical working with internal IT teams, OS support and business partners especially Tax administrator to resolve system and/or data related issues.
- Provide functional and technical support and guidance for Thomson Reuters OneSource Tax Engine system to ensure we develop globally scalable and sustainable solutions.
- ONESOURCE Indirect Tax Determination- Certified Implementer Certification
- Experience with ONESOURCE Reporting and Compliance beneficial
- Experience in US Sales and Use Tax (preferably experience in Canadian tax)
- Experience with SAP and Ariba integrations a plus
- Prior experience integrating TR OneSource to SAP, ecommerce and Point of Sales systems
- Background in tax technology, process improvement, optimization of tax and technology departments, data analytics
- General knowledge of sales/use tax laws in North American and Asia
- Engage the internal business customers and project team by holding customer workshops, scoping solutions, building, testing, documenting, and implementing, while managing scope and customer expectations.
- Guide and train business on system functionality and appropriate use of the system.
- Design and develop repeatable solutions/configurations by leveraging common process and technology to accommodate future requirements/changes in business process through business IT partnership
- Develop functional specification for any new ABAP objects, and guide the build of those programs within the development team.
- Responsible for unit testing, integration and regression testing, including building test cases, perform tests, and make changes to configuration or processes based on results.
- Work closely with non-SAP IT groups and outside Vendors that need to interface to OS.
- Function as a project leader for system enhancements/upgrades by driving project deliverables, communication and stakeholder sign off.
- Manage project timeline and resource scheduling to meet the deliverables.
- Identify, escalate and resolve project related issues.
- Troubleshoot data and workflow issues
- Work with Tax admin from the business to resolve them.
- Support the resolution of errors related to interfaces like SAP, Ecommerce, POS both for master and transactional data
- Able to handle defect tracking process, issue resolution and escalation procedures
- Demonstrate a high sense of responsibility - to our customers, our users, our colleagues, and to the quality and timeliness of one' s own work; a willingness and desire to " do what it takes" to support our organization operating in a global model - sometimes during non-standard work hours. Display a positive and constructive attitude with a continual desire and capability to learn
- A minimum of 3 years experience in below
- TR Determination
- TR Compliance
- TR Reporting
- Solid tax SME, business ethics practices, process efficiencies experience and the ability to recognize and translate business problems into solutions
- Excellent communication, writing, facilitation, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Experience with SAP and related integrations is a definite plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Managing Director, Business Transformation & IT
Sheri first joined The Connors Group in 2002. Her genuine commitment to finding the best outcomes for her clients and candidates has resulted in establishing long term, trust-based partnerships. Sheri believes that above all, clients value results and responsiveness in any partner. A high level of service is always required in recruiting, and asking the right questions about an opportunity helps ensure talent is functionally capable and culturally aligned to their needs.
Candidates value that Sheri always takes the time to understand their career goals… because an opportunity represents more than just a job description. Additionally, candidates are always very appreciative of constant follow up and updates to encourage them through the application process. Maintaining two-way communication for interview management and post-hire follow up; she believes it’s always important to empower others through honest feedback.
Making her clients happy is the most rewarding part of the job! Working with an organization to fill their “top spot” and leveraging her consulting expertise in building out their team… This is a scenario that’s occurred multiple times and something she is certainly proud of in her career. She also loves that she has effectively established and maintained her network. Managing to build relationships over the decades and watch individuals grow in their careers – these are accomplishments that have been incredibly rewarding!
Career goals include continuing to learn and grow, build new client relationships, and develop new practice areas. To be positioned in the market as the go-to person for hiring needs in technology, digital, and business transformation - always both from a consulting and full-time standpoint! Outside of work, Sheri loves to travel! Art, theatre, film, jazz, palates, hiking, cycling, and Star Trek (yes – she’s a Trekkie!) are all interests! A favorite quote – “Nobody ever died wishing they spent more time at the office!”