IT Service Operations Manager
400 N Elm St Greensboro, NC 27401
The IT Service Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the Incident, Problem and Knowledge Management processes utilized by the company to assist in the restoration of normal service operations as quickly as possible while minimizing business impact. The leader will also ensure that agreed levels of service quality are maintained. In addition, the leader will manage the lifecycle of all problems as well as ensure that the IT department can consistently compile, analyze, store and share knowledge base information throughout the organization.
- Incident Management
- Responsible for managing the lifecycle of an incident, as defined within the Incident Management process.
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the Incident Management Process
- Monitor the incidents to ensure that the Service Level Agreement are respected
- Identify, initiate, schedule and conduct incident reviews
- Provide guidance to the Incident Process Coordinators
- Establish continuous process improvement cycles where the process performance, activities, roles and responsibilities, policies, procedures and supporting technology is reviewed and enhanced where applicable.
- Participate with the ITSM team in developing and maintaining the Incident Management Process, policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities for improving the tools used
- Audit the Incident Management process
- Produce trends analysis of recurring Problems/Incidents - extract trends on Incident types
- Maintains information about known errors and workarounds
- Problem Management
- Responsible for managing the lifecycle of a problem, as defined within the Problem Management process.
- Ensure that problems are diagnosis, logged and escalated appropriately
- Analyze incidents and problems to proactively prevent the occurrence of further incidents and problems
- To ensure that changes and releases are initiated appropriately in response to problems
- To develop and use a range of performance measures to regularly monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of problem management
- Act as an interface between Operations, the business and service providers to ensure that problems are resolved
- To contribute to the development and revision of relevant policies, frameworks and processes that are in place across the business
- To communicate and manage expectations during problem resolution and act as a point of escalation
- To be the focal point for all problem management issues and to ensure timely and appropriate communication with involved parties
- Ensure that problems, major incidents and planned/proactive tasks are correctly prioritized and delivered in accordance with those priorities
- To take ownership and responsibility for the problem management process and policies and to ensure continual improvement
- To take ownership and responsibility for the major incident process and policies and to insure continual improvement
- Lead the investigation of problems, via a root cause analysis (e.g. following on from major incidents) or through proactive trend analysis and monitoring
- Contribute to the development of the service management tool
- Provide trend analysis and KPI s
Experience and Education Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner
- Must be able to work well with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency
- Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of general experience in one or more IT functions
- 5+ years of experience in ITSM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill, including presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of ITSM and industry best-practices
- Expertise in metrics-driven environment where progress is demonstrated through improving metric
- Takes initiative to learn and perform core duties and embraces additional responsibility
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management, problem-solving skills with an ability to understand the long-term plans.
- Makes a positive impression with excellent written and oral communication skills and is acknowledged as someone who is helpful
- Ability to complete documentation, track and assess metrics accurately and efficiently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, track and manage multiple tasks
- Collaborates effectively with teammates locally and at remote offices, contributes in peer meetings, and shares knowledge
- Demonstrates high quality of character and integrity, is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, understands and encourages adherence to corporate policy, ITIL Best Practices, SOX, PCI, and other regulatory guidelines with diligence
- Some travel (domestic and/or international) may be required
- Requires on-call work
- May require weekend or shift work
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!