IT Senior Manager (Portal & Collaboration)
1372 Broadway 15th Floor New York, NY 10018 | Direct Hire
Responsible for evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions in the portal & collaboration space to address business needs. Highly visible role with IT executives which directly interfaces with the business community. Lead a multi-year program to rollout collaboration technologies for our employees.
- Help create and drive portal & collaboraton technology vision and implementation program to maximize the effectiveness of individual employees, teams, workgroups and departments. Do so by:
- Closely partner with HR executing the needed organizational and process changes.
- Leading a cross-functional team dedicated to this initiative.
- Developing a portal & collaboration workplace platform that incorporates market trends and technologies as appropriate.
- Applying user-experience principles.
- Establishing a measurement framework to evolve and improve capabilities on an ongoing basis
- Must be able to quickly establish credibility at all levels of the organization including senior-level business executives
- Manage budget, resources and schedules across multiple projects, internal and system integrator staff. Coordinate with other programs and IT’ s shared services
- Identify, manage and communicate issues, risks and dependencies to project stakeholders and sponsors
SUBSET SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Organizes and leads a Portal & Collaboration governance, change and steering committee, which will plan and govern digital workplace initiatives across the organization; and which will share best practices and review program progress.
- Works closely with the HR to understand employees' current challenges and experience, demographic changes in the workforce. Incorporates this knowledge into program planning.
- Developing Direct Reports and others
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Conflict Management
- Managing and Measuring others
- Motivating Others
- Technical Competence/Expertise
- Customer Focus
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least 10 to 15 years’ IT experience within a Fortune 500 or similar IT environment
- At least 5 years implementing portal & collaboration technologies, ideally Office365 and SharePoint.
- Experience managing teams over 20 FTEs, including subcontractors and offshore resources
- Experience leading business process management professionals to rethink, simplify and redesign existing processes to ensure employee engagement and effectiveness.
- Able to develop metrics that allow the organization to gauge the success of its Portal & Collaboration investments. Ensures that this data is collected, analyzed, tracked, communicated using performance scorecards, and acted upon.
- Ability to effectively guide and sustain people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Office365
- Some experience with agile methods
- Big4 Consulting experience
- Graduate degree
- Experience with a major retailer
- Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Occasional travel to our NYC office
- 1-2 direct reports
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.