IT Senior Analyst - Manufacturing Systems
400 N Elm St Greensboro, NC 27401
IT Senior Analyst – Manufacturing Systems
Responsible for significant technical role in the design, development and implementation of the manufacturing execution and shop floor control Systems. For manufacturing, they are currently utilizing a combination of internally developed systems as well as SAP 4.6 and CGS Blue Cherry (Leadtech) for execution and shop floor control. Additionally, Infor XA is used for equipment maintenance and management. Specific vendor applications may change based on business selections. For manufacturing this includes implementation of the SAP S4 Fashion manufacturing solution and integration to various 3rd party solutions.
This individual will be called upon to lead research, analysis and design and to contribute to overall strategy, innovation, and research. This individual must possess qualities that inspire collaboration and trust to support and influence cross functional business and IT teams.
- Senior member of manufacturing IT team with role to execute key projects and business priorities.
- Responsible for the functional and technical design, configuration, and implementation of Manufacturing and related systems.
- Lead team members in unit and integration testing
- Lead team members in definition and documentation of processes, WRICEF, Functional Specifications, test plans/scripts, deployment plans and legacy application changes
- Ensure application compliance of security standards and adherence to documentation standards
- Assist in the development of project budgets
- Partner with SI and Business Leads to ensure design meets requirements and gaps/issues are identified and resolved
- Deliver high-quality solutions according to agreed upon scope, budget, timeline.
- ERP Program and future related implementation:
- Review Project workplans to implement ERP activities in line with legacy and 3rd Party changes
- Lead key process workshops & issue resolution sessions
- Lead IT solution design, testing, deployment and change management
- Lead reviews of program deliverables and status
- Assist with resource planning throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead activities for integration with various systems and partners, both internal and external.
- Lead data cleansing/migration activities
- Actively mentor and assist and assist in the development of team members
- Assist OCM in the formulation of plans and activities to support project implementation and maintain elevated levels of communication.
- Lead in the delivery of Level 3 support
- Maintain knowledge of current manufacturing, planning and distribution technologies and support manufacturing engineering in relevant evaluations as requested.
Skills for Success:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Deep knowledge of sourcing, logistics, and customs and trade functions
- Ability to lead teams in all project tasks
- Ability to lead Solution Design and Delivery
- Team project management activities (schedule, resources, activities)
- Manage workplan tasks across IT, Business, and Integrator resources
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Technical Savvy
- Meeting Facilitation
- Adaptable to New Solutions
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Technical skills:
- SAP S4 Hana (query tools)
- AS400: Leadtech and XA (Mapics)
- Windows: Serial comm with data Terminals and Scales
- PLM systems and integrations (a plus)
- Integration (SOA/ESB) tools (optional)
- Label software (PCMate, Bartender, other). Formatting, data importing.
- Printers: (Zebra, Monarch, Toshiba)
Years of Related Professional Experience: 7+ years’ experience
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, or other equivalent degree and work experience
- Project and process management
- Experience preferably in the apparel or consumer products industry
- Leadership of Development teams
- Significant experience in configuration, development, and implementation with recent hands-on experience preferred. This should include:
- Shop floor control systems
- Understanding of data communications, EDI, and XML
- Analysis and reporting
- Inventory control
- Exposure to P2P and OTC processes and master data
- SAP experience a plus
- Integration testing, cutover planning, execution, and hyper-care support
- Business Process Design (BPD) and Business Process Requirement (BPR) development
- Functional Specifications (WRICEF)
- Integration to external partners and other internal/external systems
- Multiple project lifecycle implementations preferred – Planning, Blueprint, Implementation, Go-Live and Support
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products utilized by a project manager
- Travel, including foreign, as required on an average of 20% of time
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.