IT Security Compliance Analyst
1 Liberty Plaza 16th Floor NY, NY 10006
- The IT Security Compliance Analyst will have responsibility for the day to day operations of the IT security/compliance operations while working closely with the Technology Group, and Audit groups to ensures all Technology Groups (IT infrastructure and applications) are compliant with established compliance practices, standards and IT policies and procedures.
- Assists in providing internal security consulting and advisory services to internal business and IT stakeholders regarding information security requirements, security policy/standards, security architecture, threat modeling, and ongoing maintenance of the information security risk management program, including policies, procedures, technical systems, compliance, and risk assessment activity.
- Participate in periodic and on-demand system audits, risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, and third-party security reviews to ensure that business partners, applications, networks, and infrastructure components adhere to security standards and policies.
- Assist or help conduct investigations into information security incidents, assist in root cause analysis and corrective/preventative actions, and recommend mitigation techniques
- Participate in the creation of information security documents (policies, standards, baselines, and work instructions)
- Assist with analysis, development, and implementation of processes, procedures, and tools to enable continuously auditable compliance with regulatory standards.
- Support inclusion of applicable compliance, quality and process standards within project planning and execution.
- Ability to make timely recommendations to effectively solve problems, using independent judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, and/or law.
- Assist with evaluating the security controls and practices across the company; identify, analyze and mitigate risks as appropriate.
- Create the technical plans for security/compliance architecture.
- Serve as the IT security/compliance subject matter expert.
- Recommend networking, software and hardware security enhancements in order to meet compliance requirements.
- Create and propagate security awareness and training programs among employees.
- Lead regular audits and other reviews of IT practices to ensure organizational and regulatory compliance.
Skills / Education & Experience Required:
· Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in security, networking and compliance management programs within an IT organization.
· Strong IT Security/Compliance industry standards, best practices, policies and organizational skills
· Strong verbal/written communication, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority
· Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college/university; Master' s Degree from an accredited college/university preferred; CISSP certifications preferred.
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!