IT Quality Assurance Lead
2 Bridge Street Irvington, NY 10533 | Direct Hire
critical and highly visible role in a fast-paced environment, the IT QA Lead, will be responsible for assisting development manager with vendor relationship management in support of delivering testing/QA Services, ensuring timely and quality delivery of testing activities for all assigned projects and programs within the Direct to Customer technology space. This space consists of e-Com, Retail POS, Retail Merchandizing Systems, MMS, OMNI Channel OMS and CRM/Marketing and Loyalty. We need the QA lead to be proficient in at least 3 of the above functions and show the aptitude to take on a new function they haven’ t worked on before.
The QA Lead will possess strong testing and Quality Assurance background, and experience with engaging IT Project Teams and partnering with 3rd party service providers in onshore/offshore model. We need the QA lead to also be able to be perform hands- write and develop functional, end to end and regressions scripts as well as lead other vendors through the QA processes. We need the QA lead to also think about how to construct QA in a shared environment with little head count (1/2) and using a vendor model, specifically best practices, reuse, tools etc.
- Assist in vendor relationship management activities in support of delivering testing/QA services.
- Participate in screening potential consultant testing/QA candidates to ensure appropriate experience and fit.
- Perform initial review of vendor provided staffing estimates, approach and schedule for new engagements/scopes of work.
- Support on-boarding new consultant personnel (including coordination of account creation, VPN access, etc.) and accelerating assimilation into Tiffany account (providing appropriate knowledge transfer).
- Perform financial administrative functions in accordance with Tiffany polices regarding testing/QA budgeting. Review invoices for billing accuracy, code invoices to appropriate project/GL accounts
- Participate in formal reviews of business requirements and application design sessions.
- Provide vendor oversight of test design & test execution activities by working closely with the vendor test leads and oversee vendor testing/QA deliverables for quality and accuracy. Ensure vendor adheres to Tiffany and industry best practices regarding testing activities and methodology.
- Perform initial review of review of test strategy document and test plan.
- Ensure requirement traceability documents are created and demonstrate appropriate test coverage.
- Perform sampling and review of selected test scripts to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in overseeing vendor performance across all phases of test execution – including system testing, integration testing and end-to-end testing.
- Confirm test bed/test case repositories are appropriately maintained.
- Ensure testing risks and issues are recorded in the appropriate project logs and addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure defect workflow processes are adhered to and ensure defect triage reviews are productive.
- Collaborate with QA Manager and vendor test leads to ensure continuous improvement of test activities.
- Monitor testing/QA metrics, reports & SLA’ s – and share results with appropriate project teams.
- Collaborate with Tiffany project team and IT functional partners to ensure testing activities are delivered in an effective and timely manner
- Serve as the primary contact for Tiffany project team members & IT functional partners to testing service provider.
- Partner with IT functional teams to ensure SDLC deliverables required by QA are prepare by functional project team members, as appropriate.
- Ensure roles/responsibilities are clear with Tiffany project team.
- Handle escalation within assigned projects.
Must have skills:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Sciences or a related field with a strong testing/QA background
- Minimum of 5 years experience in supporting testing activities for large scale projects, in an onshore/offshore delivery model
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience leading teams
- Must be hands on and can write and maintain scripts and database queries
- Understanding of common software and integration failures and faults and best practices
- Working knowledge of many QA tools (JIRA, Confluence), scripts (LisaTKO, junit, other packaged tools or open source tools to create the scripts, load runner)
- Performance or regression testing scripting
- Experience with resource management, financial tracking, scheduling
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written
- Experience with QA working for a retailer, specifically POS, IBM Sterling OMS and CRM
- Experience with MI9, CRM, Loyalty, Marketing technologies
- Regression and/or performance testing
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.