IT Project Manager- Wholesale Systems
2 Bridge Street Irvington, NY 10533 | Direct Hire
As Project Manager, this position will work with their IT functional and technical partners on projects supporting the cross functional business teams. The resource will be tasked to participate and lead in the requirements gathering, RFP process and full SDLC of the solution implementation. Among the aspects of the project this resource will own is the project timeline, project plans, scope and requirements, budget and resource allocation, functional and technical solutions documentation and reporting and updates to the business and IT stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing all aspects of diverse, complex IT projects, including project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality and cost.
- Applies project management processes and methodologies for the project team to ensure the solution is delivered on time, within budget, adheres to high quality standards, and meets customer expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans & teamwork assignments, directing work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review and escalating issues appropriately.
- Direct staff and resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
- Communicate with project team members and stakeholders to provide timely and accurate information and status updates.
- Responsible for creating internal and external documentation, tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of project.
- Assist the project leadership team in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Compiles metrics relating to project success and adherence to defined processes, including tracking costs and performance, service levels and other metrics required to ensure project goals and objectives are met.
- Provide regular project status reporting, including budget consumption, schedule and milestone delivery and resource utilization.
- Will be responsible for driving the projects forward, setting up meetings, note taking during meetings, task management and all necessary follow-ups.
PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS AS REQUIRED
- Bachelor degree or equivalent project work experience
- PMP or other certification desired
- Extensive experience managing IT solution projects, developing and implementing standards and methods, maintaining timely reporting and communication to both stakeholders and to senior management, and managing cross-functional teams. 5+ years leading projects for IT.
- Strong understanding of business needs as they relate to product-related data, product formulas, product development, product costs and utilizing analytical software to measure performance and control processes
- Solid understanding of product development life cycle
- Exceptional understanding of systems, processes and controls with the ability to maintain system protocols and procedures.
- Excellent relationship-building, teamwork and communication skills
- Able to influence people from all functions to ensure consistent processes and adherence to controls
- Strong data management and analytical skills
- Excellent ability to communicate (written and verbal) with multiple levels of leadership as well as cross-functional business and technical teams.
- Facilitate daily / weekly / monthly project team meetings and scrums.
- Excellent entrepreneurial project management competencies
- Advanced proficiency with project management tools (Project, Smart Sheets, Jira, etc).
- Experience in the fashion / apparel / luxury / retail industry
- PMP certification
- Experience with supply chain, planning, creative systems
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!