IT Manager I - Business Information
1372 Broadway, 15th Floor NY, NY 10018 | Direct Hire
Summarize overall purpose of the position.
Work under the direction of the Sr. Manager, Business Information, representing the team as the face to the business. Serve as the liaison to the business for CA demand. Responsibilities include reporting-related business communication at Corporate, understanding business demand, driving business solutions, and supporting IT delivery of related projects. Become the IT liaison working with both IT and the business to translate needs and solutions. Visible role with the business executives and directly interfaces with the IT community as well. Retail Industry experience required.
List the core duties or tasks that are fundamental to the performance of the job. Define purpose, function and the result to be accomplished. Also, focus on frequency, time spent, etc. List in order of importance.
- Lead & mentor a team of business analysts and help to stand up and then mature the business solutions organization
- Guide the team to help manage business demand; work through data governance principles, policies and standards aligned to a data strategy
- Lead a team of business analysts with core IT delivery skills, as well as business acumen and communication skills; this team will need to create a trusting partnership with our business partners
- Help influence for the data governance framework; work with business and IT owners to help maintain pragmatic data policies and rules for governance
- Consult with business leadership to align demand with broader strategic IT initiatives
- Consult with IT stakeholders on planning of upcoming programs
- Manage the team of business analysts, Level 1 support, training, and communication
- Assist in architecting business solutions, working closely with business and IT partners
- As an extension of the delivery team, may need to serve in project management / delivery role
- Learn the retail landscape, and specifically, the Client’ s business model
List 4-8 competencies for the position.
- Problem solving
- Customer focus
- Motivating others
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
List Education level, Years of Experience, Technical Knowledge, and/or Certifications required for the position.
- Undergraduate degree in information systems, business administration, or a related technical discipline preferred
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience with a BI team (either from IT or business working with IT on project delivery) with progressive responsibility and influence
- Broad systems knowledge of major retail applications, data warehousing, and data lakes
- Demonstrated experience in influencing strategic retail business solutions
- Demonstrated experience in the development of business requirements, coordination of business testing, and partnering with delivery teams for business programs/projects
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining governance principles to help manage enterprise data
- Strong analytical ability, business acumen, judgment and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to work effectively with Director and executives
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones
- Leadership skills; able to supervise and inspire team members
- Demonstrated ability to estimate time and money for requirements and testing efforts
- Some travel may be required
- Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouses (Netezza), data lakes (Hadoop), and / or reporting tools such as MicroStrategy or Microsoft SSAS, Power BI
- Some professional services / consulting experience
- Graduate degree
Please include any additional physical requirements below the standard requirements
- Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Indicate positions (list of job titles) directly supervised by this position.
2 Business Analysts
Jackie Connors co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been pivotal in building this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Jackie has over 20 years experience placing IT professionals, with the past seven years focused on information technology and eCommerce executives within the retail and apparel markets.
Jackie believes that building solid relationships with clients and candidates is the key to success. She always takes the time to listen, because she is truly interested in the needs of her clients and candidates. That's also how she has built her in-depth market knowledge and extensive network of contacts.
Prior to founding The Connors Group, Jackie was a Managing Partner at Jesse Garon Associates, where she became an expert in developing high-production recruitment strategies. Her methods utilize strategic sourcing as well as extensive networking to qualify and assess information technology and upper level management candidates. She is creative in her approach, which yields her clients the results they are looking for.