IS Digital Business Director
90 Matawan Rd Matawan, NJ 07747
The role is responsible for partnering with our Marketing Leadership stakeholders to define a strategy and roadmap for IT Digital Marketing capabilities that supports the online presence and growth ambitions of the company. This role will develop and lead a team of internal and external IT resources to support online marketing presence; develop core platforms to enable the effective and timely deployment of capabilities and best practices across Business Units; and provide a set of quality IT Digital Business systems, tools and services.
- Work as a trusted and influential subject matter expert and partner with the Corporate and Business Unit Marketing and Sales function to define a progressive Digital Marketing technology strategy for the company.
- Build and maintain a dynamic set of core capabilities and technology platforms in line with best practices while making it easy to implement and replicate success across our Groups, Divisions, and Community Sales Offices.
- Work with IS leaders to align Digital Marketing technology business plans and capabilities with IS strategies and priorities.
- Build, develop, and lead a talented organization to deliver the IS Digital Marketing strategy, striking the right balance between the use of internal and external resources and services. Lead this team of associates (and contractors), developing talent and fostering team engagement.
- Partner with Digital and Advertising agencies to develop mutually beneficial best practices and technical standards.
- Identify opportunities to scale core capabilities by leveraging and expanding a portfolio of Digital Marketing services developed centrally, inclusive of operational service levels and costs.
- Manage multiple large projects that cross-over multiple process areas. Responsible for actively pursuing issue resolution, and communicating project status to business stakeholders and operational management.
- Co-lead a Marketing Process Leadership Committee (PLC), and establish and lead a Super User Group (SUG) for khov.com and Digital Marketing.
- Establish and manage an IS Digital Marketing operating budget.
- Continue professional development and knowledge of leading technologies and processes through attendance at professional seminars and conferences.
- Influence senior stakeholders across the company with fluency in the functional area, effective communication, and active listening.
- Foster a network of subject matter experts across the Groups and Divisions, inclusive of IT, business functions, external vendors, and academic institutions.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and technologies in the Digital Marketing domain, networking with external resources and industry groups.
Qualifications / Education
Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Marketing, or equivalent in experience. Graduate level of education desirable. Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT and/or Marketing related roles, including 3+ years proven leadership of major Digital Marketing and/or eCommerce initiatives with working knowledge of the following: SEM and SEO, web design, Google analytics and reporting, interactive advertising, social media advertising, mobile interactive marketing.
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!