Human Resources Manager
134 W 29th New York, NY 10001
New York based on-line/wholesaler is seeking a Human Resource Manager to support the day to day business functions of this growing brand.
- At least 3-5 years of full-cycle recruiting experience, including generalist responsibilities.
- First point of contact for all HR inquiries.
- Leadership courage and strong knowledge of employee relations.
- Helps identify and monitor the company culture to ensure it supports the attainment of the business goals and promotes employee engagement, retention and satisfaction.
- Provides resolution for employee relations issues.
- Manages employee engagement and recognition programs.
- Advises and monitors business partners in the disciplinary process.
- Resolves employee questions and concerns regarding company policies.
- Assists Sr. Director of Human Resources with formulating policy development and documentation including updating revisions to existing policies.
- Creates and revises Job Descriptions with hiring managers.
- Coordinates with hiring managers on all employment offers.
- Ensures compliance with all new hire documents.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation.
- Leads the implementation of the Performance Management System for business partners.
- Knowledge of US employment law (Federal, State).
- Excellent written, verbal and strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence at all levels of employees.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands.
- Proven ability to drive execution and achieve business results while meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Bachelor’ s degree in HR or Business or related field is preferred.
Recruiting Dir., Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry
Tara joined the Connors Group team in 2018 as Recruiting Director, Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry Specialist. She believes clients value a recruiter who is curious, fast, efficient, honest and a brand ambassador. They want to ensure that the candidate they are getting is the right fit for their brand or business. Because Tara has been in retail in many different roles for 26 years, she offers the ability to anticipate the questions a candidate may ask, so that she can interview like a subject matter expert. As the candidate's very first interaction with the company, it is critical to represent the brand and company in the best way possible. Tara knows candidates value a recruiter who is friendly, honest, has exceptional follow-up skills and gives sound career advise. She understands the ins and outs on how to run a business from both a sales perspective and operational perspective. Knowledge of the roles she recruits for allows her to quickly assess if someone is right and ready for the role. And because she has also been the "candidate," Tara appreciates the importance of follow-up. There is nothing worse than experiencing radio silence after you've gone through the interview process. Good news or bad news, she won't leave you guessing.
Tara is most proud of her legacy of talent, possessing the ability to identify, select and retain top professionals. She has developed and coached individuals on a consistent basis, and nothing gives her greater satisfaction than watching teams succeed and move on to bigger and better things! She is also proud of the fact that she opened 17 stores with e.l.f. Cosmetics in a year and half. In her over two years with e.l.f. she helped create and structure how the stores run today, from both a service and staffing perspective, to the operational way in which they function. Really having to become a jack of all trades; she is very proud of what was accomplished there.
A career goal is to be seen as an HR expert in the recruiting field. Tara wants to leverage her experience in running stores, HR and Learning & Development to reach a broader scope of candidates. Her desire is to build trust with the hiring managers and HR so that they think of our company first before going to any other recruiting firm. In speaking to some fun facts, when not at work, she likes to spend as much time outdoors as possible; and loves to run, bike, hike and ski. A Long Island resident, Tara is a lacrosse mom and can be found on the field every weekend cheering on her 3 kids. Her husband is a Battalion Chief for the FDNY in the Bronx. Tara also loves sitting on the beach while reading a good book!