Help Desk Manager
Stamford, CT 06901
The Help Desk Manager will be responsible for ensuring efficient, professional technical support across the company both in the office and remotely. They will focus on delivering brilliant customer service and supporting the end-users in technological endeavors. As the leader of the Help Desk, you would be responsible for the support team and serve as an escalation point when needed for complex or sensitive issues. This individual would report to the CIO and advise on strategy, manage initiatives in the Help Desk area, and act as a voice for the users.
· Manage a team of internal technicians – providing leadership, coaching, and day-to-day direction
· Create and deliver reports on team KPIs and SLAs
· Ensure the Help Desk team is completing support tickets in a timely, professional manner
· Manage projects that relate to the Help Desk area and assist with projects in other areas as the need arises
· Report to the CIO and provide strategic insight into the Help Desk area
· Stay up to date with current trends in the supports services area and bring these innovative ideas forward
· Optimize support processes including incident management and ticketing
· Understand user pain points and act as the voice of the user in strategic meetings
· Direct team in complex problems, jumping in when needed. Handle sensitive issues that require more attention
· Plan end-user training and education courses – both proactively and reactively
· Coordinate support desk efforts between internal and external help desks
- Technology Skills – Advance computer skills. Have extensive technical experience and knowledge of Information Technology.
- Problem-solving Skills - An aptitude for creative and effective troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Communication Skills - Tactful and professional demeanor and ability to interact effectively with employees and vendors. Listen effectively and clarify information as needed. Act as the external ‘ face’ of IT and help foster the IT/business relationship
- Thoroughness - Ensure one' s own and other' s work are complete and accurate. Strong organizational, record-keeping, and follow-up skills.
- Energy - Ability to work in fast-paced environment, be self-motivated and ambitious with a desire to advance
- Organization - Determines the appropriate allocation of time. Balance conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meet critical deadlines
- Adaptability - Willingness to adjust schedule to meet the demands of the job. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary. Work under time pressure deadlines and adjust to changing requirements.
- Judgement - Ability to make reasonable decisions independently. Swiftly refers problems or issues to appropriate person when necessary. Work effectively without constant or direct supervision.
- Teamwork/Management – Manage and be a leader of a team and willingly provide back-up support for co-workers when appropriate
- Integrity/Honesty - Behave in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Show consistency in words and actions. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
Basic Qualifications and skills:
· Associates Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant work experience and training.
· 7+ years information technology experience and at least 3 years of Help Desk/Support Services experience
· Expert level skill with Microsoft Office suite applications
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Time management and prioritization skills are
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Tricia started working with The Connors Group in 2001, and focuses on recruiting for ERP positions. With an energy that's contagious, her relentless spirit has forged great relationships with clients, candidates, and colleagues. Tricia believes that clients value recruiters who can identify and deliver qualified candidates to them and add value to the process of on-boarding talent. Those who are truly matched to the organization are the type of employees they’ll be able to retain for a long time! Candidates value good communication, honesty, and the perception that their professional expertise is validated. Tricia tries to give each individual specialized attention to not only make them feel important, but to really understand their unique value proposition in what they do for their career. She always gives feedback – whether good or bad. Constant feedback helps to build strong rapport and establishes trust!
Once, Tricia had a candidate who was down and out because of the direction his life was going due to circumstances outside of his control. He wasn’t working, which impacted his confidence and hindered his ability to find new work. Because she recognized his potential, Tricia came up with a marketing plan and introduced him to companies he had not even considered. She was able to secure him an interview, and he not only landed at the company – he stayed there for 10 years and earned himself two promotions! Another time, she had a candidate who was out of work for two years. After spending a considerable amount of time introducing him to companies, he ended up landing a job with her help, which saved him from losing his home. At the end of the day, it’s really all about fit and finding that right opportunity. Tricia saw it through because she truly cared about seeing his success!
Her goal is to be the number one recruiter for finding the right talent to support ERP packages. Tricia wants to be positioned as someone who listens and truly understands the job market- a capable counsel for job seekers looking for new opportunity. Outside of the office, she loves hiking, especially in Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine. Tricia also enjoys reading and loves to cook (she's a pescatarian). Would also love to be on the show Survivor one day!