650 Liberty Ave Union, NJ 7083
Request ID: 242-1 Start/End Dates: 7/23/2018 - 1/22/2019
We are looking for a talented HRIS analyst who puts customers first, has passion for his/her work, and loves a fast-paced team environment.
The HRIS Analyst is responsible for the administration of the Company’ s HR Systems, as well as client support.
Key job responsibilities are:
• Provide day to day support for HR systems, including troubleshooting and reporting on unexpected results or process flaws, and resolving support issues.
• Develop and maintain a variety of Workday reports including complex reports which answer relevant business questions and communicate key HR metrics to stakeholders.
• Contribute as a project team member for HRIS applications including performing system configurations, researching and resolving issues, assisting in the testing and implementation of new or modified functionality.
• Analyze future releases in conjunction with team leaders, and perform testing prior to release in production.
• Serve as a partner with internal clients and external vendors, to discuss issues and identify resolutions.
• As use of Workday expands, work on project teams with HRIS and internal clients to develop and deploy new functionality and analytics.
• Subject matter expert in an HR application, preferably Workday Core HR, Recruiting and/or Learning
• Has worked on project teams, preferably led a minor HR systems project
• Has established vendor relationships to resolve integrations and other day to day issues
• Effective interpersonal written and verbal communications skills
• Proficient in systems report writing
• Analytical thinking to deliver client requests and resolve issues
• 1-3 years’ experience as an HR Systems subject matter expert, preferably Workday
• BA/BS preferred or equivalent HR systems experience
Managing Director, Business Transformation & IT
Sheri first joined The Connors Group in 2002. Her genuine commitment to finding the best outcomes for her clients and candidates has resulted in establishing long term, trust-based partnerships. Sheri believes that above all, clients value results and responsiveness in any partner. A high level of service is always required in recruiting, and asking the right questions about an opportunity helps ensure talent is functionally capable and culturally aligned to their needs.
Candidates value that Sheri always takes the time to understand their career goals… because an opportunity represents more than just a job description. Additionally, candidates are always very appreciative of constant follow up and updates to encourage them through the application process. Maintaining two-way communication for interview management and post-hire follow up; she believes it’s always important to empower others through honest feedback.
Making her clients happy is the most rewarding part of the job! Working with an organization to fill their “top spot” and leveraging her consulting expertise in building out their team… This is a scenario that’s occurred multiple times and something she is certainly proud of in her career. She also loves that she has effectively established and maintained her network. Managing to build relationships over the decades and watch individuals grow in their careers – these are accomplishments that have been incredibly rewarding!
Career goals include continuing to learn and grow, build new client relationships, and develop new practice areas. To be positioned in the market as the go-to person for hiring needs in technology, digital, and business transformation - always both from a consulting and full-time standpoint! Outside of work, Sheri loves to travel! Art, theatre, film, jazz, palates, hiking, cycling, and Star Trek (yes – she’s a Trekkie!) are all interests! A favorite quote – “Nobody ever died wishing they spent more time at the office!”